Finally played an Archon.

How do you feel about homes of people who lift beer mugs?

So veinbuster are you telling me and Sergio you have an Archon AND beer???!!!
In gonna need ya to go ahead and send me your address...scratch that...send it to Sergio I'll ride with him :D :p

Ok, seriously, how many of you guys actually had a mullet?

OK...we seriously need a "Post your best Mullet" thread...we already have several for tattoos. I will start one...and even post mine first...but I want at least 10 of you to go on record that you will post too. To make things easy...a "like" of this post is a promise to upload your mullet pic.

OK...we seriously need a "Post your best Mullet" thread...we already have several for tattoos. I will start one...and even post mine first...but I want at least 10 of you to go on record that you will post too. To make things easy...a "like" of this post is a promise to upload your mullet pic.
I was just looking for the "this thread is worthless without pics" emoticon that The Gear Page has. LOL

Id love to play, but as close as I got was almost half way down my back, permed, and blonde highlights. There is one picture that exists of it, the morning I got it cut off so I could start looking for a grownup job. I'll have to see if I can unearth it.

Id love to play, but as close as I got was almost half way down my back, permed, and blonde highlights. There is one picture that exists of it, the morning I got it cut off so I could start looking for a grownup job. I'll have to see if I can unearth it.

I don't know if I technically had a mullet, but I did have a perm at one time. One of my co-workers saw a picture of it and said, "You look like a dirty Q-Tip!"

I'm actually quite proud of my mullet. I have pictures, but I'm fairly certain none of them are digital. It might take a bit of work.

Kevin

There is one picture that exists of it, the morning I got it cut off so I could start looking for a grownup job.

AH HA! So "The Man" put the screws to you too...bastid!!!! You gotta dig that pic up dude!:D I've got the redhead digging for one of mine too. This is gonna be awesome!

Sergio, I feel an apology is owed to you for Casey Jonesing the sh!t outta your thread bro... Archons to mullets...how DO we do it? :confused: black magic...it's gotta be...

Last edited:
I'm actually quite proud of my mullet. I have pictures, but I'm fairly certain none of them are digital. It might take a bit of work.

Kevin
Life isn't always easy, Kevin. And we're counting on you. :)

Sergio, I feel an apology is owed to you for Casey Jonesing the sh!t outta your thread bro... Archons to mullets...how DO we do it? :confused: black magic...it's gotta be...

No worries.. I don’t have much else to say about the amp anyway. A mullet thread is a much better idea, and if one comes to fruition, then this thread will finally have a purpose.

wait, what? o_O

You played an Archon and don't have more to say about it??? But, but, but.... the power. The TONE. The magic noises it makes...

Or, do you not want to hurt your DG's feelings? Is this just like if you asked me to describe Julie Bowen when my wife was sitting right next to me?

wait, what? o_O

You played an Archon and don't have more to say about it??? But, but, but.... the power. The TONE. The magic noises it makes...

Or, do you not want to hurt your DG's feelings? Is this just like if you asked me to describe Julie Bowen when my wife was sitting right next to me?

Haha! No, I mean, I played it and finally heard what y’all been talkin’ about, and it’s a nice amp but... I don’t need or want one. I like my DG better, and to be honest, the DG with the Bogner Red suits me just fine (read: crushes).

I don’t really chase amps or want multiples of them like I do guitars. I’m more ulititarian with amps, they’re not awesome fashion accessories like guitars are.

No worries.. I don’t have much else to say about the amp anyway. A mullet thread is a much better idea, and if one comes to fruition, then this thread will finally have a purpose.
Lol. Yeah, I really didn't mean to derail this with my remembrance of hair long gone.

I spent an evening jamming with an Archon, courtesy of my friend who builds them. 100W 6L6 version, I believe. It was the sound I loved from my youth, and had nice cleans. And it still had a decent distortion at lower volumes.
I was frustrated with a 20 watt tube amp I had previously that sounded like a tinfoil speaker at low volume, or sounded great and shook pictures off the walls. I waited because my friends sad something else was coming. Now it's 2 years later and the MT is out. I'm hoping I'll like that because I want to buy something at Experience.

Never had a mullet. I was never that bold. But maybe PRS needs an Archon/mullet ad campaign. Just to tie this thread back together..

So far...only ScottR and myself commited to the mullet thread. C’mon guys...we can do better.

Sorry, can’t help you guys out on this one. That “do” was never big in the jock community.

Back