Final Word: SC58 weight relieved or chambered?

Ape Factory

I picked up a beautiful and absolutely sweet ass SC-58 artist package which arrived yesterday. I've been comparing it to my Corsa LCPG unplugged and (obviously) plugged in and while they're ever so different due to different pickups, the unplugged sound is uncannily the same. The Corsa comes in at 7.2 pounds and is chambered. The SC58 is 7.8 pounds and I thought they were not chambered. But after playing them back to back, I'm not so sure.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this? It honestly doesn't matter to me as I just play and enjoy them. More of a cat/curiosity thing going on here.

Thanks! Surprising…it's a damn light guitar for it's thickness and body shape.

Lestaban speaks the truth. I've got 2 McCarty standards, 1 is the lightest solidbody I've held, the other feels like a big ole LP slung over my shoulder. Both ring and sustain like a mofo and sound great! Just works out that way sometimes.

Believe you me, I'm not complaining :) Such a great-playing guitar and the weight is just a bonus, IMO. It's just a hair heavier than my Paul's Dirty 100 and the Corsa. Everything I own is under 8 pounds now except for my ES which is about 8.5 and feels like a tank in comparison.

Back