Favorite?

I keep coming back to these two...
(Yenita and Isis...since we’re mentioning names)

WFo3t8y.jpg

TPYBuLB.jpg

Wow! I remember seeing them in other threads, beautiful and versatile. Awesome!

I always mention my whale blue 1990 CU24 I had since then but it’s just not seeing the playing time it used to. Of all my PRS’s I keep reaching fot my DGS CU24 limited. It’s just amazing. BTW I’m loving the Westy ! It’s been a week since I got her.

i2eQUtO.jpg

xPmLRR5.jpg

CPbD6U0.jpg

I always mention my whale blue 1990 CU24 I had since then but it’s just not seeing the playing time it used to. Of all my PRS’s I keep reaching fot my DGS CU24 limited. It’s just amazing. BTW I’m loving the Westy ! It’s been a week since I got her.

i2eQUtO.jpg

xPmLRR5.jpg

CPbD6U0.jpg

That’s such good wood!

i2eQUtO.jpg

xPmLRR5.jpg

CPbD6U0.jpg

That one’s incredibly cool. Seriously.

I'm ashamed to say this but the 2 most expensive guitars are my least favorite. The CU24 artist & HBII just don't do it for me. However as we all know 6 months from now I might fall in love with them. Right now it's my 305's. Just seem to have what I want for my style.

I'm ashamed to say this but the 2 most expensive guitars are my least favorite. The CU24 artist & HBII just don't do it for me. However as we all know 6 months from now I might fall in love with them. Right now it's my 305's. Just seem to have what I want for my style.
This has happened to me too, most recently with a Coll IX. Very painful to move on, but that roof needed fixin’

I understand this is the electric guitar section but I need to post this one. This guitar it’s more played than any other, PRS other than my 1990 CU24, especially during the summer months. For years I’ve been primarily a one-man acoustic singer-songwriter act in dive bars, now at 52 I’m playing more for fun at parties, private club, etc ..... This has been my acoustic of choice, sold my Martin’s after purchasing this beast, the most amazing sounding acoustic guitar I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had many. My only regret is not putting a pick guard on it.

aPbpXqy.jpg

tYR4zkp.jpg

UEQElVG.jpg

I understand this is the electric guitar section but I need to post this one. This guitar it’s more played than any other, PRS other than my 1990 CU24, especially during the summer months. For years I’ve been primarily a one-man acoustic singer-songwriter act in dive bars, now at 52 I’m playing more for fun at parties, private club, etc ..... This has been my acoustic of choice, sold my Martin’s after purchasing this beast, the most amazing sounding acoustic guitar I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had many. My only regret is not putting a pick guard on it.

aPbpXqy.jpg

tYR4zkp.jpg

UEQElVG.jpg
Beauty! Some crazy tight curly hog on that one.

I bought my McManus acoustic from Paul at a clinic and sold all my Taylors the next day. I had played Taylors for about 20 years. Better is better! :)

I bought my McManus acoustic from Paul at a clinic and sold all my Taylors the next day. I had played Taylors for about 20 years. Better is better! :)

Still have 2 Taylor’s left, one 12 and my 6 1991 712. I still love that 712, totally different guitar though, small concert body acoustic. I would love Paul to come out with a core acoustic with a smaller body, you know, to relax on the couch with :rolleyes:..... but like you said, “better is better”. And man my PRS Tonare Grand is amazing. Couple more years it won’t be very good looking LOL

Post some photos of your McManus when you get a chance.

Thanks

Reading your comment reminded me of this piece of exquisite playing from Tony and Julia Toaspern!

Still have 2 Taylor’s left, one 12 and my 6 1991 712. I still love that 712, totally different guitar though, small concert body acoustic. I would love Paul to come out with a core acoustic with a smaller body, you know, to relax on the couch with :rolleyes:..... but like you said, “better is better”. And man my PRS Tonare Grand is amazing. Couple more years it won’t be very good looking LOL

Post some photos of your McManus when you get a chance.

Thanks
Here you go - McManus is based on the Angelus, a little smaller than the Tonare. I thought about ordering one with maple back and sides, but I got distracted by all these electrics :rolleyes:

This guitar can do everything - really phenomenal, as the master whose name graces the headstock demonstrates in the video clip Alnus posted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

European bearclaw spruce top, Cocobolo back and sides, Peruvian Mahogany neck, Ebony board. Sounds like a Steinway Grand piano!

For a different vibe, I have this 12 fret guitar. Plays the role your 712 does. Built by a luthier I know on the Big Island. All Koa.

image.jpg

Here you go - McManus is based on the Angelus, a little smaller than the Tonare. I thought about ordering one with maple back and sides, but I got distracted by all these electrics :rolleyes:

This guitar can do everything - really phenomenal, as the master whose name graces the headstock demonstrates in the video clip Alnus posted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

European bearclaw spruce top, Cocobolo back and sides, Peruvian Mahogany neck, Ebony board. Sounds like a Steinway Grand piano!

For a different vibe, I have this 12 fret guitar. Plays the role your 712 does. Built by a luthier I know on the Big Island. All Koa.

image.jpg

Wow that McNanus looks amazing! So does that small body 12 fret, just GORGEOUS. I haven’t owned a cutaway acoustic since my earliest days when I had an Ovation. I’ve been meaning to get a Angelus But like you I get wrapped up in purchasing the electrics.

Thanks for the post

aPbpXqy.jpg

tYR4zkp.jpg

UEQElVG.jpg

So cool!

Like you say, my Tonare is the nicest sounding acoustic I’ve ever owned or even played, and I’ve had Martins, Taylors, Collings, and played quite a few of the more esoteric customs, like Olsons, Gurians, etc.

I love mine, have no other acoustics now, either.

Back