Fast Eddie Clarke....R.I.P.

I st

Uugghhh, sad to say I had forgotten Philthy...bummer indeed....

Sad to read first Animal's obituary, then Lemmy's, and now Fast Eddie's. Reading all their obituaries it sounds like they had a bast.

When I think about why I wanted to play electric guitar it was to make noises like these guys did, not to sound like Sade, however talented she and her band were / are.

For anyone who missed Phil Taylor's passing.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/m...-taylor-motorhead-the-man-who-invented-thrash

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11993878/Phil-Philthy-Animal-Taylor-drummer-obituary.html

"They stayed up all night, and in the morning Taylor staggered outside, stark naked, declaring to anyone who might be watching: “It’s all right, I’m on drugs!” “What a horrible little ----,” observed Larry Wallis. “He’s perfect.”"

Sad to read first Animal's obituary, then Lemmy's, and now Fast Eddie's. Reading all their obituaries it sounds like they had a bast.

When I think about why I wanted to play electric guitar it was to make noises like these guys did, not to sound like Sade, however talented she and her band were / are.

For anyone who missed Phil Taylor's passing.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/m...-taylor-motorhead-the-man-who-invented-thrash

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11993878/Phil-Philthy-Animal-Taylor-drummer-obituary.html

"They stayed up all night, and in the morning Taylor staggered outside, stark naked, declaring to anyone who might be watching: “It’s all right, I’m on drugs!” “What a horrible little ----,” observed Larry Wallis. “He’s perfect.”"

Thanks for sharing this! I remember the first time I was exposed to Motorhead...I had the crazy uncle with a Corvette, listened to all the cool music, and always had a hot girlfriend he took me to my first concert and thankfully, turned me on to Motorhead ...When I was a kid Peter Criss was my idol...until I was blown away by the speed and power of Filthys Double Kick Drum then and since then anything with a DKD stirs some sort of primal thing within me. These guys will be sorely missed for sure...sorely missed indeed!

P.S. I later became the crazy uncle, according to my 3 nephews...;) A title that I'm quite proud of I might add...

Thanks for sharing this! I remember the first time I was exposed to Motorhead...I had the crazy uncle with a Corvette, listened to all the cool music, and always had a hot girlfriend he took me to my first concert and thankfully, turned me on to Motorhead ...When I was a kid Peter Criss was my idol...until I was blown away by the speed and power of Filthys Double Kick Drum then and since then anything with a DKD stirs some sort of primal thing within me. These guys will be sorely missed for sure...sorely missed indeed!

P.S. I later became the crazy uncle, according to my 3 nephews...;) A title that I'm quite proud of I might add...

Thanks for the interesting post – great to hear you’re the crazy uncle now:) I hadn’t realised how influential Animal was with his DKD until I re-read his obituary. Reading it again it I don’t think he was either. Re-reading all their obituaries I love the serendipity of it all – Animal only joined as Lemmy cadged a free lift to the studio in Animal’s car and one thing led to another. In turn Animal introduced Fast Eddie, who he’d met painting a boat. Lastly, they were all about to give up as they weren’t getting anywhere and a broken promise to record their farewell gig led to some free studio time that in turn led to chart success. There’s magic in there somewhere.

Thanks for the interesting post – great to hear you’re the crazy uncle now:) I hadn’t realised how influential Animal was with his DKD until I re-read his obituary. Reading it again it I don’t think he was either. Re-reading all their obituaries I love the serendipity of it all – Animal only joined as Lemmy cadged a free lift to the studio in Animal’s car and one thing led to another. In turn Animal introduced Fast Eddie, who he’d met painting a boat. Lastly, they were all about to give up as they weren’t getting anywhere and a broken promise to record their farewell gig led to some free studio time that in turn led to chart success. There’s magic in there somewhere.

I'm proud of the title I hold it very near and dear...I was telling my youngest nephew about this and he proclaimed..."oh hell yeah! Ya still are and always will be the cool uncle in my book!" Then he asked me for 100 bucks...o_O

Serendipitous indeed! They were a one of a kind. To me they each were/are the epitome of a rockstar, truly rock and roll incarnate!

Back