Do the new Amber lampshade style knobs come in Gold?

I have only seen them in amber and clear. I don't think they have made them in any other color. These are the same colors the old speed knobs were in that they used. I swapped the knobs on my CU22 and SAS over to the lampshades. They are much more classy looking than the speed knobs. I still have a few guitars with the speed knobs.

I have only seen them in amber and clear. I don't think they have made them in any other color. These are the same colors the old speed knobs were in that they used. I swapped the knobs on my CU22 and SAS over to the lampshades. They are much more classy looking than the speed knobs. I still have a few guitars with the speed knobs.
Me too. I only have the new knobs on one guitar. Everything else is those old Gibson style knobs PRS has been using since forever.

I like those too.

But on my guitars with that rotary switch the new knobs are a classy upgrade and that rotary switch rotates more easily and I can find the selection I want without searching for it.

Me too. I only have the new knobs on one guitar. Everything else is those old Gibson style knobs PRS has been using since forever.

I like those too.

But on my guitars with that rotary switch the new knobs are a classy upgrade and that rotary switch rotates more easily and I can find the selection I want without searching for it.
There is something to be said for the old speed knobs. I think they feel better under the pinky when adjusting my volume while playing. I only have one guitar with the rotary switch on it. It is one that has the old knobs on it. I can't imagine I would like the feel of turning that with a lampshade knob on it. I think the bigger feel of the speed knob works for that type of switch. I am not one that uses the pull up tap very often but when I do, I think the old knob works better for that too. The lampshade is a little too slippery with it being tapered for me. Thankfully I can make the lampshade knob work because I don't do it often. For looks, lampshade all day long...

There is something to be said for the old speed knobs. I think they feel better under the pinky when adjusting my volume while playing. I only have one guitar with the rotary switch on it. It is one that has the old knobs on it. I can't imagine I would like the feel of turning that with a lampshade knob on it. I think the bigger feel of the speed knob works for that type of switch. I am not one that uses the pull up tap very often but when I do, I think the old knob works better for that too. The lampshade is a little too slippery with it being tapered for me. Thankfully I can make the lampshade knob work because I don't do it often. For looks, lampshade all day long...
Try it. You might prefer it. I find the lampshade knobs easier to turn. I especially like the feel of the rotary switch with the lampshade knob. I can feel the "clicks" and see the numbers more clearly.

Never thought of that. But that’s real smart. May have given me an idea to buy a generic clear knob and give it a go. :cool:

If I remember I’ve seen some blue ones on a PS, but they were probably special order.

Omagaaad, could you imagine some purple ones, they would be so lush on purple quilt, with purple chrome trem, purple bobbins…..

……drool, I think I might be dreaming my PS build.

If I remember I’ve seen some blue ones on a PS, but they were probably special order.

Omagaaad, could you imagine some purple ones, they would be so lush on purple quilt, with purple chrome trem, purple bobbins…..

……drool, I think I might be dreaming my PS build.
They were clear ones painted on the inside.

Edit: back when lampshades came out peeps were clamoring about wishing for other colors when Shawn came along and told us all what they were doing, and we were all: derp.

Back