Differences between Recording Amp and HXDA?

Fro

I've seen a PRS Recording amp up for sale and I'm curious about this model. What is the difference between the Recording amp and the HXDA? They look quite similar. Would they be close tonaly?

I don't think the Recording amp has any HXDA switches, so I don't know. Why don't you contact the seller and ask them?

The HX/DA was made to exactly replicate two different amps. Jimi's Super Lead and Duanes Super Bass. Then with the way Paul put the different part values on different switches, it allso allows the flexibility to do some things in between the two.

What I read about the Recording amp was that it was an exact copy of Eric Johnsons Super Lead, so no switching, no Super Bass settings, but HOLY CRAP it should be a great amp and I saw one used at TGP for a STUPID low price.

I thought I had read that the Super Lead they modeled with the HXDA came from Eric Johnson. Perhaps the same as the recording amp? Perhaps I am insane? Perhaps both?

No, I think it's the same amp and was originally Jimi's amp and Eric has it now

The HX/DA was made to exactly replicate two different amps. Jimi's Super Lead and Duanes Super Bass. Then with the way Paul put the different part values on different switches, it allso allows the flexibility to do some things in between the two.

What I read about the Recording amp was that it was an exact copy of Eric Johnsons Super Lead, so no switching, no Super Bass settings, but HOLY CRAP it should be a great amp and I saw one used at TGP for a STUPID low price.

Thanks for the tip on the amp!

Back