DGT: I Have Been Assimilated.

All of my Les Pauls weigh less than that. Most range around 8.5 pounds. My DGT is way under that.

@El Fenix You’re lucky. I wish I could say the same. I have a 76 Les Paul (Norlin era) that weighs 11 lbs which I’ve heard is common for that era. When you said “Most range around 8.5 pounds” were you referring to Les Pauls or DGTs? I’m guessing you meant DGTs. My DGT cores weigh 8 lbs 3 oz and 8 lbs 5 oz. I haven’t weighed my DGT SE yet but it feels lighter than the cores.

@Mike Duncan Both of those guitars look awesome. I think there’s something understated / classy looking about the gold top.

I bought my DGT without playing the model. I was looking for a rosewood neck guitar (Artist Package w/ Brazilian fretboard) and found mine, see profile pic. After owning it for 7 years, I can confidently say it is the nicest playing guitar I have ever owned (I find myself missing the jumbo frets on my other guitars though....lol) . I get great tones out of the pups, especially mixing the 2. They are fantastic guitars and anyone who has played mine, has commented that "I got a real good one"
I did have to adjust my touch with the DGT though, as i had to lighten up on the fretting. I could hear notes in chords going slightly sharp. Took me a bit to realize I was fretting to hard and pushing strings sharp due to the fret height. As a result, I'm playing lighter, which has actually helped the arthritist in my hand.

DGT is a really special guitar in the stock of PRS, because of the very special neck and fret design compared to other production line models.
And it survived model cosmetics - and got aswell SE additions.
Personally I was really curious about a DGT - reasoning in the advertised vintage sound and tonal versality.
Hence I took the window of opportunity and compared my 2011 513 with a DGT (a Private Stock) in 2016 in Cologne.
The sound wasn't convincing - likely the strings should have been renewed prior my test, but my 513 wore aswell no new strings -, formost the neck felt not comfy to me. It was way too fat.

Good is: PRS offers a wide variety of different instruments to fulfill players demands in haptic, optic, tone, price range and so one.
Though a DGT doesn't fit to me, it will very likely fit to others.

I wish you pleasant hours of musical joy with your choice, Les!

Last edited:
The little toggles allow for individual coil splitting. It's like a DGT-08. The coil tap on the tone knob is disabled.

The gold one is my favorite. The green one is just so pretty that I'm afraid to dig into it.

The only drawback with the gold one is that it weighs nine and half pounds!
Maybe the extra mass is why you love its tone?

Your assimilation will ripple the universe. So if UM manages to get beat by hapless Rutgers this week, you need only to look in the mirror when assigning blame. Glad you’re loving your new well tested guitar.
Apparently it wasn't enough of a ripple to satisfy The Great God Who Preordains Football Game Scores.

Michigan 31, Rutgers 7.

Nor did my ripple affect The Great God Of Overhyped Football Teams.

Oregon, Ten Zillion; Colorado, Very Few.

Michigan is #1 in the nation in S&P +, which takes into account both offensive and defensive stats and strength of schedule (Michigan's schedule has been pretty easy so far). This amazes me and says more about the other teams not doing all that well than Michigan doing as well as last year. I am still not convinced of my own team's puissance.

However, could the Legendary Laz Ripple be the reason why Notre Dame only had ten men on the field when Ohio State had the go-ahead score in the final two seconds of last night's game after ND holding them to no gain on several occasions?

The answer is in the hands of The Great Goddess of What's Up With A College Coach Not Being Able To Count To Eleven, and she ain't telling!

But I say 'YES'. ;)

The Great football deities do not respond to mere Ouija Board inquiries, so I am unable to provide a definitive answer... ;)

Last edited:
I should add, re: the Notre Dame/OSU ending with a question:

If the other team has a yard to go, you claim to be aware of that as a coach, and you only have ten men on the field, is it wiser to simply say, "Yeah, we really screwed up" or wiser to say, "Well, I thought about this and didn't want to give them an additional few inches with a penalty, so I didn't put enough men on the field to stop them?"

I'll let you guys decide the final answer, but I think it's wiser not to admit complete stupidity... ;)

Last edited:
Here's the problem with my DGT:

My other guitars - all PS models - are getting more than a little salty about not being played often enough!

I've had 6 new WL PRS' since my last PS in 2016. All of them were extremely good guitars. But for whatever reason - maybe it's just a really good one, maybe it's the model, maybe it's both - I'm getting into this guitar a bit more intensely.

I'm going out on a limb and saying this one's a keeper.

Feel free to remind me of this if I'm ever foolish enough to sell it.

Here's the problem with my DGT:

My other guitars - all PS models - are getting more than a little salty about not being played often enough!

I've had 6 new WL PRS' since my last PS in 2016. All of them were extremely good guitars. But for whatever reason - maybe it's just a really good one, maybe it's the model, maybe it's both - I'm getting into this guitar a bit more intensely.

I'm going out on a limb and saying this one's a keeper.

Feel free to remind me of this if I'm ever foolish enough to sell it.
Something interesting happened to me this weekend. I was thinking that I really hadn't gigged my DGT as much as my other guitars and I was wondering why that was. I happened to be digging through my phone for a picture from a long time ago and I happened to notice that there were quite a few pictures of me with the DGT in my hands at gigs in my phone. I guess I gigged it more than I remember. That is probably why I know it is one that I will not sell.

I go through streaks with my guitars. I will favor one or a type for a while then I move to something else. Thankfully my collection is big enough that I don't need to go out and buy something new to do this. That is also one thing that keeps me from selling some guitars off. I have two LP type guitars that I have been thinking of selling and I have 3, 24 fret guitars that I have been thinking of selling but then I start to wonder if I will go through a phase where I wished I had them back.

I go through streaks with my guitars. I will favor one or a type for a while then I move to something else. Thankfully my collection is big enough that I don't need to go out and buy something new to do this. That is also one thing that keeps me from selling some guitars off. I have two LP type guitars that I have been thinking of selling and I have 3, 24 fret guitars that I have been thinking of selling but then I start to wonder if I will go through a phase where I wished I had them back.

I go through streaks sometimes, too.

But I wasn't this streaky with my WL 594s, WL McCartys, or Special Semi-Hollow Artist. They were winners, though I didn't keep them. Truth is, it's hard for a guitar to compare to my PS models favorably, and except for the Special, the McCartys and 594s were too similar to the tones I already had with the McCarty SC.

This one's getting much, much more play time than the other WLs did, probably because it's SO different. I'm really surprised. I figured the DGT would be a niche thing. I was wrong. It's a real bread-and-butter guitar.

As Grissom said in a video demo, "It just works." Maybe that's enough? Because I have no other idea why.

Re: collections...I'm not much of a collector. I only have four electric guitars. They're good ones, but if that's a collection it's an awfully insignificant one.

Yet I feel satisfied.

The one I got used has a WL korina neck and cocobolo fretboard. It sounds just so great unplugged. The bigger frets are a new thing to me but pretty addictive.

Back