Custom 24 Weight

Mole351

So I'm looking at a custom 24 (artist package with pattern regular neck) that weighs 8.3 lbs - is that considered rather heavy for one of these? I thought this was more in the ballpark of the average 594...

So I'm looking at a custom 24 (artist package with pattern regular neck) that weighs 8.3 lbs - is that considered rather heavy for one of these? I thought this was more in the ballpark of the average 594...

For what it's worth, my WL+AP 594 weighs in at 8 lbs even, the AP CU24 is at 7lb 11oz.

Might as well switch to grams at that rate for the difference. ;)

Thanks all.

Just pulled the trigger on it. Figure it's not THAT heavy. Honestly was looking for something in the 7-7.5lb range but couldn't pass this up. Can't wait to see how it plays!

Thanks all.

Just pulled the trigger on it. Figure it's not THAT heavy. Honestly was looking for something in the 7-7.5lb range but couldn't pass this up. Can't wait to see how it plays!

Congrats in advance!

Mine's only been home a couple weeks, but I have to say -- it's so well balanced, I didn't even bother to weigh it until I saw your post. You could stick two pounds on it and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Haha - great video.

Thanks! Very excited - have not owned a C24, though that has always been the one I've wanted since I was a kid. I've had a CE24, HBII, and DGT - but not the one I originally set out to get. Loved the DGT but couldn't do the tall frets.

A pic as well. Can't wait to play it.
UB3dHvq.jpg

Saweet guitar!

I have a guitar with a Euro walnut back, it weighs 10lb and it’s nicely balanced, with a good strap you don’t feel it.

Nice! Congrats! I hope she's everything you want her to be.....and then some!

Beautiful guitar!

My CU24 PS feels heavier than my 594s, though I haven’t weighed it. Sounds great, though. The difference isn’t significant.

Out of curiosity I just weighed my Custom. Comes in at just over 4KG so around 8.8 lbs. I always thought it was a bit heavy.

The guitar the OP just bought looks very nice - enjoy:)

Back