Custom 24 Tremolo height

Oxnevad

Hi!

I bought this Custom 24 brand new from Thomann. It’s a 2017 model with a Gen III tremolo.

I can’t seem to get my action adjusted correctly to fit my taste. Now, I think I might have identified the problem, but I’m not sure, so I wanted to check here if anyone has an idea about how high the tremolo is supposed to be above the body of the guitar? Currently it’s at 2.8 millimeters above the body, but I think this is too high.

Is it safe to adjust the screws that connects the tremolo to the body? I will make notes of my current setup so I can change it back in case it doesn’t work out the way I think it will.

fG8HKmg

Ugh. I tried to add a picture, but I need three posts before I’m allowed to do that. I hope it makes sense anyway.

Hi!

I bought this Custom 24 brand new from Thomann. It’s a 2017 model with a Gen III tremolo.

I can’t seem to get my action adjusted correctly to fit my taste. Now, I think I might have identified the problem, but I’m not sure, so I wanted to check here if anyone has an idea about how high the tremolo is supposed to be above the body of the guitar? Currently it’s at 2.8 millimeters above the body, but I think this is too high.

Is it safe to adjust the screws that connects the tremolo to the body? I will make notes of my current setup so I can change it back in case it doesn’t work out the way I think it will.

fG8HKmg
You can lower the 6 knife edge screws, but make sure you remove all tension first. No strings, no trem springs. If you turn them while under tension you will ruin the knife edge on them, or snap the head off, and then you’re screwed

You can lower the 6 knife edge screws, but make sure you remove all tension first. No strings, no trem springs. If you turn them while under tension you will ruin the knife edge on them, or snap the head off, and then you’re screwed

Thanks! Do you know how high they’re set from the factory? I don’t think 2.8mm like they are now is the way they’re supposed to be.

Back