Custom 24 SE like a Tele

Steven Lafferty

Is there any way to get my Custom 24 SE to sound a little more like a Tele. I love my PRS. It is my favorite axe to play. I play Country and Country Rock and sometimes I wish I could get a little more of a Tele Bite out of it, Not a lot just once in awhile on certain songs. Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

Horses for courses buddy.

I’ve got an SE C24 and two teles in my fleet and they couldn’t be much more different from each other in just about every way! I’d bite the bullet and just get a tele if that’s the sound you want.

Like I said, I only feel like I want that sound on a few songs. I like playing miy PRS so much I don't feel like replacing it or buying a Tele just to get that particular. I own a really nice Strat that i dearly love too.

It’s extremely hard to mimic that chime. Getting a steel block will help a tiny bit but I doubt worth the swap. Like others have said get a tele. Nothing will satisfy that single coil chime itch. I have loved my tele since I met it. It changed my entire mind about teles, and it’s only a 13 yr old cheap mexican road worn.

I agree with what’s already been said. Coil splits will get a little more snap, but still nothing like a tele bridge pup. I’d say play your strat when you want more single coil bite (still not a tele but closer).

Since going PRS I've kind of lost interest in buying guitars because it does everything so well...that's everything except Tele. If you're after that tele sound, I suggest getting one if it's possible.

There are plenty of really nice Squire's and used MIM Telecasters out there for under $500 that will do the job proper.
But since you just want to stick with what you got, you might have some luck using a graphic EQ and a clean boost pedal...
100% agree. Classic Vibe 50’s Tele. Under 4 bills used, and worth every penny when you just need that Tele twang.

Tele's can often be imitated, but seldom duplicated. If there is something in the electric solid body world that is pretty much unique, that's the machine. Some/lots(?) effects may get close, but alot of trial and error and still not quite get there. I have an SE Custom and I don't even try, just doesn't have the capability IMO.

Back