Cracks in Brazilian board?

joefods

I was cleaning and restringing my 2019 WL DGT this morning when I noticed what looks like cracks in the fingerboard. The guitar was made in early 2020 and was purchased new in March of 2022. This was my first deep cleaning of the guitar where I had all the strings off. The humidity in my house is always 35-45%. I have never had a fingerboard crack before in almost 30 years of playing. Is this a crack or does it look like part of the grain? I was also surprised to see what looks like a knot by the first fret.
IMG-0112.jpg

I've had worse gaps in some Les Pauls over the years , give it a good fret board oil bet it will close up
If your concerned contact your dealer and or PTC

You probably know they haven't been able to import BRW since Brazil banned its export in 1967, so guitar makers have had to make do with what's left over. Not a lot's left.

After more than half a century, it's pretty hard to find perfect boards! But the grain does expand. It's not a big deal.

Looks like pretty normal rosewood grain to me. Oiling it from time to time (whenever it looks dry) is a good idea. I have a guitar with a Madagascar rosewood board that has a knot in it. No biggie.

Dang, 35-45% humidity. Here in FL I'm just glad to keep it below 65%. :D

Back