Couple of new reviews from my subs

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
First up Pete Thorn, Les's favorite reviewer.

Moog MF Chorus and Flange, demo by Pete Thorn

Power Supply Shootout - What does a Power Supply SOUND LIKE?

Last edited by a moderator:
That power supply shoot-out is compelling. But I find that a power supply is like your pedal selection...only a certain combination of components works. Some pedals work well with your rig, other pedals and some don't. I've had some pedals cause a ground loop with my pedalboard but not by themselves. Some power supplies simply won't work well with certain situations but otherwise are phenomenal. My Furman pedalboard doesn't have provisions for my Strymon pedals but adding a small power strip and the stock Strymon power supplies, it works perfectly. I'd be interested in hearing the results of that video. I'd also be interested in comparing offerings found here in the US.

I enjoy the loony doing the power supply review. I bought my jetter vibe pedal because of the great video he did of it. he's a blast!

Here is a new one from another sub.
I like these guy's reviews, they did an excellent one on the Archon a few months back.

First Look at the Fractal Audio AX8 | GEAR GODS

Here is a related video to the new FX unit, also from the LA Amp Show.
I think I read somewhere that PRS would be at the show, if I run across any videos later, I will post them here.

ANIMALS AS LEADERS - Javier Reyes Live at the LA AMP SHOW | GEAR GODS

Another new one from Pete Thorn.

Sinvertek No. 5 Distortion, demo by Pete Thorn

BOSS Waza Craft DM2w Delay, demo by Pete Thorn

Cool sounding analog delay pedal.

Pete had uploaded this one Friday and I was getting ready to link it here, but he yanked it right before I posted it.
Guess he wanted to redo it, and here it is.

Fractal Audio FX8 Multi FX Processor, demo by Pete Thorn

Another new one from Pete.

Origin Effects COMPACT COMPRESSORS demo by Pete Thorn

What's great about Pete Thorn's demos is that he explains the controls of the products, and gives thorough demonstrations with musical examples of how each control works. And the context is highly professional, so you get very fine musical examples of how to use the product, and can see whether a piece of gear fits your workflow - or playflow, if you will. ;)

That's why he's a favorite demo guy, and why places like Vintage King Audio and manufacturers hire him to do these demos.

Not all of the products float my boat, of course - I thought the fractal settings were way too watery sounding. But when he tests a piece of gear I think would work for me, I often buy it. So as far as I'm concerned, that's pretty effective advertising.

Also, Pete's audio quality in the demos is high enough that you can put the video up in a studio with good monitors, and hear details.

I like the dude who did the power supply shootout, he's a lot of fun! Though I'm not sure what his point was intended to be -- maybe there was no point, and it was up to the viewer to reach conclusions, but I did think the audio quality could have been a little better if we were supposed to hear details.

The Fractal AX8 sounded impressive in that demo.

I told Pete in the comments section that one of his demos had a very AC?DC vibe going with it.

The other guy, the guy from Germany?
I like his demos too.
He has five up right now doing a pedalboard for some bassist woman who goes by the name Nik West.

KEELEY 30 MS DOUBLE TRACKER, DEMO BY PETE THORN/VINTAGE KING

Pete is on a roll.

Another new one from Pete.
I also watched earlier today another 5150 pedal demo that was good.

EVH 5150 OVERDRIVE, demo by Pete Thorn

Here are three more, you decide who does the best demo of it.

Found another good one from Guitar World from a few weeks back.
I wish Pete had gone through the controls in his demo like some of the others did.

From reading up on this pedal Eddy helped a lot with the design on this.

Pigtronix Rototron rotating speaker simulator, demo by Pete Thorn

Pretty nice sounding.

Pigtronix Rototron rotating speaker simulator, demo by Pete Thorn

Pretty nice sounding.

Corey - Thanks for posting. I just may have to get one of these. You & Les are starting to cost me $$$! I want that SRV sound that I hear on songs like Cold Shot. I think this device may do it.

Back