Coming Up On 25 yrs with My Buddy!

That's a cool freakin guitar buddy!!!

I've got the same thin metal chrome rings on my ce22.

F@ck yeah it is, thanks!

You know, I can’t prove they sound better or do something but, most of my favorite PRS have those rings. They’re plated brass.

Cool guitar and a more cool story!

Can I assume you had some kind of cloth under it for the photos on those rocks?

Thats frickin beautiful and such a heartfelt tale, I wish you both many many more years of rocking the hell out of each other

Last edited:
That is a really nice looking guitar. 25 years ago I bought a strat cause I couldn’t afford a PRS which I’m always wanted. My first guitar teacher in 1988 had one and I always wanted one after . It took me a bit of time to get my first PRS , which was a custom 22 in the same color as my old teachers guitar. That strat I got, now is barely playable from use.

I’m diggin’ all the residual DNA on that bridge, too! :cool: Congrats on the anniversary and may there be many more with more seedy stories. Surely, there’s hookers and Turkish prisons and gymnasiums and sniffing glue! In 1993, my oldest son was 3 and I was solidly settled down letting him beat on the Strat. It would be another 8 years before it occurred to me that I needed to buy a PRS. Thankfully, you came to your senses way before me.

Happy Anniversary my dude! Tacos on me! You name the time!

Yeah! Man, anytime is taco time, hit me up after you’ve made som salsa.

Cool guitar and a more cool story!

Can I assume you had some kind of cloth under it for the photos on those rocks?

Thanks! Uhhh yeah... minutes after uploading the pics on Imgur I got a pile of folks giving me sh!t about that in the comments section.

I was just gentle putting it down and didn’t think much of it. There’s so much worming on the back of that guitar you could take it fishing.

So, our boy Shawn hit me up yesterday. On a whim he looked up the serial number and it turns out that this was actually the only guitar I’ve ever filled out paper work for in my life!

I finally filled it out in April of 94, at first I thought my math was off (I’m a high school dropout, and math was my worst subject, seriously I can barely add... and can only count to bigger numbers in groups of eight because of multi track recorders and consoles). It said I was 20 years old (which meant I must’ve rounded up, like I wanted to be a bit older (my b-day is in June) or... I just really, really suck at basic math.

But the funniest sh!t was I listed my favorite guitarists as: Al DiMeola (naturally), Jimmy Page (totally respectable), and..... Alex Lifeson?

Either his appearance in print ads really made an impact on me and my decision to buy a PRS, or.... I’ve been living a lie, and suppressed my true feelings. 19 year old Serg was a Rush fan!

Back