CE24 I think I want a different one

merciful-evans

Portsmouth uk
Its 2 weeks to the day that I brought home the CE24 reclaimed wood (that I had been trying to find since last year).

I've registered it. I even gigged it. There is nothing wrong with it. Looks and sounds great. The only problem is I cant get the other CE24 I tried out of my head. It was a regular one. Now I didnt like its finish, and I didnt want a rosewood fretboard, but it handled and sounded excellent.

That's the problem. I was so happy to find the Reclaimed Wood there, I went for it. It is the prettiest one IMO, but I think the other 'plain' one has stopped me bonding with my new guitar.

Also, since then I am aware that there are a couple available with ebony fingerboards. I love ebony boards.

I have decided to check out a couple of others next week (and very likely the one I passed on too). If I really want a change I will buy. But, I cannot justify having 2 CEs, so that will mean either part-ex or private sale.

It may even be that even be that I discover that the 'other' (plain) one was not all that I remember. If thats the case, I can put it behind me and properly re-engage with the one I have. I've never experienced anything like this before.

The psychology of guitar ownership is a curious affair!

I hope you do keep the RL.

Best of luck

These guys are all right! It's only "the same" in name. They're nothing alike! One is built with 100+ year old wood, has a hole in it (or several), and has exotic woods. The other is a "plain old" CE. Completely different! You can have two of them. Gotta have a back up!

These guys are all right! It's only "the same" in name. They're nothing alike! One is built with 100+ year old wood, has a hole in it (or several), and has exotic woods. The other is a "plain old" CE. Completely different! You can have two of them. Gotta have a back up!

And how many CE’s have you got? :)

Back