Can We PLEASE Stop Referring to "USA Electronics" In Core Guitars ???

That or the leftover drugs from my colonoscopy yesterday. Good news - all is well, no issues. Better news - they gave me pictures to prove I'm not full of crap. And I'm carrying them just in case anyone ever says, "Hey, do you want to see our vacation pictures?"
figure9.jpg

Not until we can get everybody to stop saying “guitfiddle”.
Not everyone says 'guitfiddle'. I know people who say 'geetar'. One guy I know says 'gitter'.

I think Congress should look into this, along with their gigantic Ticketmaster investigation, since they don't do anything about really important issues.

Holy sh!t!!!

This is BIG NEWS!!

Mahogany comes from - get this - South America! And ebony - you guessed it - Africa! Rosewood? Are you kidding? India, Madagascar or Brasil!

So my Core and PS guitars are partly GROWN IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES!!!

There is no such thing as a USA PRS EXCEPT FOR THE MAPLE or Adirondack Spruce!!! It's all a SCAM!!!

My god, get out the f#cking pitchforks and ....

Last edited:
Holy sh!t!!!

This is BIG NEWS!!

Mahogany comes from - get this - South America! And ebony - you guessed it - Africa! Rosewood? Are you kidding? India, Madagascar or Brasil!

So my Core and PS guitars are partly GROWN IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES!!!

There is no such thing as a USA PRS EXCEPT FOR THE MAPLE or Adirondack Spruce!!! It's all a SCAM!!!

My god, get out the f#cking pitchforks and ....

Now what' s really crazy ...

Is that I bought a guitar, made in China,

Shipped from Germany ...

Made of North American Ash ...

That if the Google info is accurate ... may have been grown ... in Chicago ! (most NA Ash comes from the NW US, and Illinois is a spot for that )

According to Google ... Cultivation of white ash differs across North American continent. For example, within the City of Chicago region, 2010 statistics show most common street tree species is white ash at 6.2%. Along with third ranked green type at 4.9%, ashes combine to make up 11% percent of the city's street trees, with an overall population of 13,648,044 million standing ashes within Cook County alone.[18]

So maybe this cheap Asian knockoff... is actually an Amurrican Guitar !!! :):):)

Shipped from Germany ...

That if the Google info is accurate ... may have been grown ... in Chicago ! (most NA Ash comes from the NW US, and Illinois is a spot for that )

According to Google ... Cultivation of white ash differs across North American continent. For example, within the City of Chicago region, 2010 statistics show most common street tree species is white ash at 6.2%. Along with third ranked green type at 4.9%, ashes combine to make up 11% percent of the city's street trees, with an overall population of 13,648,044 million standing ashes within Cook County alone.[18]

So maybe this cheap Asian knockoff... is actually an Amurrican Guitar !!! :):):)
these google and wikipedia ibids is a straight track to a D-.

What sort of stampings are on the pots that would lead one to believe that they are CTS or Bournes? I have a few brand new PRS pots still in the package in my parts drawer that I can look at.

Housing design plus board color and stamping.

The 5a stamping and yellow color of the board is the same as my CTS. Also, my bourns pots have a smooth casing vs the divot of CTS.

Screenshot_20230126_114616_Chrome598d385f31bfcad1.jpg

Housing design plus board color and stamping.

The 5a stamping and yellow color of the board is the same as my CTS. Also, my bourns pots have a smooth casing vs the divot of CTS.

Screenshot_20230126_114616_Chrome598d385f31bfcad1.jpg
I have 2 new volume pots and 2 new tone pots in my drawer from PRS. They look like the ones in the picture you posted except the 5A. I have two with 2A and a 6A and a 7A.

Shipped from Germany ...

Shipped from Germany ...

Dude, it IS!!!

CTS has different "grades" of pots. Some are great, some are cheap. Same with Alpha. You can get great Alphas, but they are not cheap. Everything is made to spec. I use Alphas on my pedal builds. They cost a lot more than the cheap alphas, but they work great and last. I like the Bourns. I believe they are made in Canada.

Obviously my only real concern after reading this thread is, can I still call my car “American?” It does have some parts in it that are made who knows where. Am I supporting the evil empire and the downfall of democracy everywhere? Oh my… I’m never driving that POS again! :eek: Where’s the Tylenol?

Uh-oh - @sergiodeblanc vs. @danktat , Main Event Grudge Match at the next Experience!

It's all on the line!

ExperienceLogo.jpg

images

If Sergio wins, Danktat has to stop calling Dottie his "main guitfiddle", but...

If Danktat prevails, Sergio walks out with a blue Silver Sky.

Special guest referee, @]-[@n$0Ma☩!©!

Ringside announcers Mean Gene Okerlund and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

wwf_snme2_piper.jpg

In Sergio's corner, Ted DiBiase and the Fabulous Moolah!

34_sDIBIASE_11121991_0001_crop_north.jpg

The-Wicked-Witches-Of-WWE-Fabulous-Moolah-wwe-divas-34663645-642-722.jpg

In Danktat's, Miss Elizabeth and Classy Freddy Blassie!

8635867_orig.jpg

E0Yt7tqX0AYuED3.jpg

Be there!

Top post for January!

unemployment has really upped your game!

Shhh, it’s called seconded retirement.

Shipped from Germany ...

I live in Chicagoland (about a mile due west of the Austin neighborhood) and most of our ash trees are gone because of the emerald ash borer. The ones on public land that didn’t get killed by the ash borer itself were cut down to help eradicate the borer.

I have an ash tree in my backyard that’s about 100 years old, but it costs me almost $1000 per year to keep it alive and relatively borer-free. It’s worth it not to have to cut down the tree and lose all the shade in my backyard.

Anyway, my point is there’s not much ash here anymore.

I live in Chicagoland (about a mile due west of the Austin neighborhood) and most of our ash trees are gone because of the emerald ash borer. The ones on public land that didn’t get killed by the ash borer itself were cut down to help eradicate the borer.

I have an ash tree in my backyard that’s about 100 years old, but it costs me almost $1000 per year to keep it alive and relatively borer-free. It’s worth it not to have to cut down the tree and lose all the shade in my backyard.

Anyway, my point is there’s not much ash here anymore.

In my part of Scotland, there’s trees that have survived so far, then a line of them that are sick and dying. So sad.

Back