Brent Mason model tweak?

singlecoilguy

overall i really like my BM model but i do find it a bit dark and compressed sounding compared to my other instruments. are there any easy mods i could do to remedy this? capacitor change or something? if so, what value?

Hi,
I am alos interested in the answer to your question.
I play the BM and find the bass pickup too dark on the E_A_D strings.
Also like to change the Tone pot in a push-push pot .. to get a bridge -neck tele sound.
Other proposals?

I can only compare it next to my Suhr Classic Strat and Tom Anderson Classic Strat.

The BM more for Clean, funk, jazz, light grunge sounds, country or modern country rock sounds .. for classic rock or blues sounds I take my Suhr.
If you drop the BM Volume you almost get a acoustic clean, the Suhr and TA don't do that as good.
The BM have a maple neck and the cleans are fuller, better articulated with a long sustain + extra a tremolo arm.

The BM secret weapon imho...
First I do not really like the pickup sounds on its own, sounds are to close together and somewhat colorless, rather neutral, even a bit boring.

After the next test I had to revise my opinion..
At home I play regularly guitar over a lot of various compact disc's .
Different cd's, different sounds .. a lot of sound tweaking with my Suhr and TA to get in the mix and the result was not always brilliant.
I thought this was a necessary thing.

With the BM .. I got right away everytime a very good audible sound, fitting perfect in the mix allmost with no tweaking.
Now I know the value of this guitar. Great to record and perfect with other instruments.

The only thing i like to at .. a bridge + neck tele sound.
voila IMHO

Back