Bonamassa

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
His newest album has some killer tones(surprise:rolleyes:). I'm not all in love with the guy like some people are, but I popped "Blues of Desperation" on iTunes music this morning and I'm digging it. Sounds like a different approach on this album, certainly not much Marshall amp and way more Fender. "No Good Place For The Lonely" has some solos that moved me where I said...."daaaaayummmm, son!"

It's funny that he states this is the first solo record he's made where he didn't use a Marshall but yet as that voice-over is going on, the camera is panning past a miked up Bluesbreaker combo! Don't make no difference to me. I am a pretty big JB fan and this album has some KILLER stuff on it. Not the least of which are his vocals which have just gotten better and better. Love the band and production too. I'm looking forward to the summer tour!

He's not exactly top of my tree but the albums been pushed on the radio this wk & Man its Good. Ill be buying it !!!.

Going to see him in a few months, cant wait. Oddly i am a big fan of his guitar playing but his songwriting is hit and miss for me, i will have to grab this one and check it out. Curious what his backline will be for the tour.

Going to see him in a few months, cant wait. Oddly i am a big fan of his guitar playing but his songwriting is hit and miss for me, i will have to grab this one and check it out. Curious what his backline will be for the tour.
Ditto this in a big way.

I love his guitar, I'm liking his voice better, I even like some of the song writing. What I don't like is his stage presence. Oddly fitting suits, sun glasses, and kind of a weird chicken strut thing when he moves on stage. Try Levi's and tennis shoes, take off the glasses and just play.

It's funny that he states this is the first solo record he's made where he didn't use a Marshall but yet as that voice-over is going on, the camera is panning past a miked up Bluesbreaker combo! Don't make no difference to me. I am a pretty big JB fan and this album has some KILLER stuff on it. Not the least of which are his vocals which have just gotten better and better. Love the band and production too. I'm looking forward to the summer tour!
Yeah, I saw that BB as well and kinda laughed, still...I like what I hear on this album. I've never been a huge fan of his vocals, this album is one of the first that kinda grabbed me and made me want to keep listening. I've always recognized his talent and and ear for tone but overall just didn't get into it much.

Mountain Climbing has quickly become my favourite of his songs. the Album is great, possibly even his best (in my opinion) a friend of mine is seeing him soon and I wish I had got a ticket too.

I'm a big fan of the two Black Country Communion albums they did. His tone and voice on those are killer.

It's a shame Joe wasn't really into it and couldn't get on the same page as Glenn Hughes.

I'm a big fan of the two Black Country Communion albums they did. His tone and voice on those are killer.

It's a shame Joe wasn't really into it and couldn't get on the same page as Glenn Hughes.

Actually, there are four - BCC, 2, Afterglow and Live Over Europe (also a DVD). And they were outstanding - but Joe's on that constant touring/merchandising treadmill and wouldn't commit to a longer tour w/BCC.

I saw him last year and have his live from Albert Hall album. I think he's a great player and hell of a nice guy from what I've seen. Not gushing, it's true.

dscn1153-jpg.479949

I´ve got a bunch of JB albums. My favourite is still Dust Bowl. From my personal experience with his productions, on each album he has shining songs but aswell shadows. This is MY perspective.
I don´t care if his tone is made of guitars by Gibson, Fender, Music Man, Gretsch, etc., if he uses Marshalls or Fender or Mesa etc. I don´t chase after the sound of someone else, and I´m not slave to the gear of guitarists I like.
He´s a geek of a vintage collector who is supposed to seek the holy grail of tone. He´s a role model for all those especially Les Paul aficionados who are carrying their expensive treasures to a makeover expert, expecting
that their certain guitar turns optically to an original `59 - maybe soundwise, too.

Last edited:
Back