Blue or Green ZM: Your thoughts

I don’t mind either one. At first, I didn’t love the green when they came out. It kinda grew on me a bit. The blue is brighter and flashier. Not sure which I like better. I’m bummed I didn’t grab one the ebony(?) top limited runs. Those were sharp.

I went satin quilt natural finish. I’ll share pics when I get it back from the shop
I like the look of those. Look forward to the pics. Interested to see how the satin top comes across. I dig the natural for sure.

Arggggh! Your pic and description just kicked in the GAS for me, oh, the agony.
Do not suffer, my son. Move towards the light and save your musical soul. As other highly enlightened souls have stated here and elsewhere, blue guitars sound better. Besides, my friend, Phil Jacoby told me so.

I really wanted the green, but fell out of love with it. I wound up getting the blue, and don't think it will get old. Its a really great color. Most blue guitars are very dark and only look good under heavy direct light. The Myers blue shows well in all lighting conditions. And the flames are very sweet. I was super-choosy about the grain and looked at 50 or more specimens. I wanted a wider well-matched flame, which seems harder to find than the tight BBQ pattern.

It's out for mods now. Changing the pups to P-Rails so I can get P90 tones and humbucker tones. I'm angling for Ty Tabor sig style, will likely play it downtuned.

Medium indirect lighting - this is as dark as it ever looks, usually looks lighter and brighter:
This photo makes me want one of these!

I like the look of those. Look forward to the pics. Interested to see how the satin top comes across. I dig the natural for sure.

kZ6OEPH.jpg

I present my satin natural quilt w/ebony fretboard. The second ZM I’ve owned (use to have a trampas green).

Back