Blue or Green ZM: Your thoughts

Bradley Gavel

Already have the trampas green which I adore (particularly because the wife bought it for me) and the blue one should be here by September. I'm in love with both colors and wanted to see how people felt about them, truth be told I'm curious to see who hates the blue haha

All opinions welcome let er fly

I have a Trampas Green ZM that takes my breath away every time I take it out of the gig bag, or just catch a glimpse when it is sitting in the stand. And that wood grain on the back ... oh my. Now, I haven't seen a Myers Blue one in person, yet. But in pictures, there is something about that blue that catches my eye, at first, makes me think of Mediterranean waters, but then after a bit it kinda falls for me. I can't quite put my finger on why that is. So, I won't be buying one, but I hope you love yours.

I played and compared several Zach Myers, as well as Bernie Marsden's, before buying the best example (Green), that I could find. I was in a shop looking at other guitars, when they handed me a McCarty Burst. I thought that it was better than mine. So, I bought it, brought it home and compared them. It was truly better, so I sold the first one.

Wait and compare them, before you do anything. Also, you can always keep one original and modify the other.

I have a Trampas Green ZM that takes my breath away every time I take it out of the gig bag, or just catch a glimpse when it is sitting in the stand. And that wood grain on the back ... oh my. Now, I haven't seen a Myers Blue one in person, yet. But in pictures, there is something about that blue that catches my eye, at first, makes me think of Mediterranean waters, but then after a bit it kinda falls for me. I can't quite put my finger on why that is. So, I won't be buying one, but I hope you love yours.
Oh yeah the natural wood back just takes it over the top, I love that

I played and compared several Zach Myers, as well as Bernie Marsden's, before buying the best example (Green), that I could find. I was in a shop looking at other guitars, when they handed me a McCarty Burst. I thought that it was better than mine. So, I bought it, brought it home and compared them. It was truly better, so I sold the first one.

Wait and compare them, before you do anything. Also, you can always keep one original and modify the other.

Gorgeous

I really wanted the green, but fell out of love with it. I wound up getting the blue, and don't think it will get old. Its a really great color. Most blue guitars are very dark and only look good under heavy direct light. The Myers blue shows well in all lighting conditions. And the flames are very sweet. I was super-choosy about the grain and looked at 50 or more specimens. I wanted a wider well-matched flame, which seems harder to find than the tight BBQ pattern.

It's out for mods now. Changing the pups to P-Rails so I can get P90 tones and humbucker tones. I'm angling for Ty Tabor sig style, will likely play it downtuned.

Medium indirect lighting - this is as dark as it ever looks, usually looks lighter and brighter:

I really wanted the green, but fell out of love with it. I wound up getting the blue, and don't think it will get old. Its a really great color. Most blue guitars are very dark and only look good under heavy direct light. The Myers blue shows well in all lighting conditions. And the flames are very sweet. I was super-choosy about the grain and looked at 50 or more specimens. I wanted a wider well-matched flame, which seems harder to find than the tight BBQ pattern.

It's out for mods now. Changing the pups to P-Rails so I can get P90 tones and humbucker tones. I'm angling for Ty Tabor sig style, will likely play it downtuned.

Medium indirect lighting - this is as dark as it ever looks, usually looks lighter and brighter:

Arggggh! Your pic and description just kicked in the GAS for me, oh, the agony.

I love this photo but I wish I'd seen it later cause I still have to wait a while haha, what a beauty

I purchased my first green PRS this year, a Trampas Green Blackburst 594 HBII, and it is a beautiful guitar! I think the blue guitars from PRS are some of the best you'll find anywhere. I'm sure you'll become quite fond of yours!
Oooo blackburst eh, any chance we could see a pic

This is just lovely. Defo this colour

Back