Artist Series II

Ok...Solid measued at input jack... 1 3/8ths.
Semi hollow... 1 5/8ths. So semi hollows are 1/4" thicker.
I will post pics.

I measured mine at the jack and it appears to be 1-3/8.

Solid!

Unless they started doing the thicker bodies with the Artist 3 series. Call PRS customer service with the serial number and they will tell you exactly what you have.

Cool to know, yes I’d love to see comparison pics.

Solid
20181124-121427.jpg

Semi hollow.
20181124-121720.jpg

I did contact PRS. They said they didn’t have detailed records of the guitars from that time period. I could send them pics and they could identify it that way. So I did, and they just told me the model and specs but didn’t mention semi-hollow or not. I will shoot them another email and ask. On the PRS website, the description for the Artist II says semi-hollow, but I’m sure there could be variances.

Mine looks more like the first picture, but the jack is a touch further from the top edge than in the first pic (maybe a 1/16”). The jack on mine just does extend onto the maple cap...

Actually it looks like my jack is just lower..

And here is an extreme close up of the seam on the back where they glued it on after routing. They do such an incredible job, I had to search to find this section, as in other areas its virtually invisible!! What workmanship!!!

20181124-182835.jpg

Mine looks more like the first picture, but the jack is a touch further from the top edge than in the first pic (maybe a 1/16”). The jack on mine just does extend onto the maple cap...

Actually it looks like my jack is just lower..
Interesting. Measure your body again and see if you were correct or if its actually 1.5" inches thick and not 1 3/8". Measure exactly where I did.

It’s 1-3/8. The jack is just slightly lower, but it’s the same as your first pic. Definitely not the thickness of the second pic. For what it’s worth, it definitely ‘sounds ‘ hollow in certain places when tapped or knocked, and it’s fairly light.

Hey Jamie!
I remember that one. It was stunning.
Didnt you have a semi hollow orange 10th anniversary as well? Or an orange artist III??
I think you were the one who posted those cool x ray pics of the semi hollow body!

Yup, had a Purple semi hollow 10th Anniversary...

Oh, wait a sec... My Artist III was the Natural semi-hollow!

My Artist II was a really faded Royal Blue, definitely NOT a semi-hollow... Damn, the memory is going...

Yup, had a Purple semi hollow 10th Anniversary...

Oh, wait a sec... My Artist III was the Natural semi-hollow!

My Artist II was a really faded Royal Blue, definitely NOT a semi-hollow... Damn, the memory is going...

I honestly think the Artist IIs were all solid body guitars. I had the brochure for years, and I don’t think semi-hollow was an option.

I honestly think the Artist IIs were all solid body guitars. I had the brochure for years, and I don’t think semi-hollow was an option.

Unless it was marked incorrectly, I bid on a stunning blue semi hollow Artist II on ebay, and lost at the last second years ago. I agonized over that one for a long time. I was able to contact the buyer after much trouble, and offered him much more than he paid. His response.. "F YOU, THIS IS A LIFER"!
o_O

Unless it was marked incorrectly, I bid on a stunning blue semi hollow Artist II on ebay, and lost at the last second years ago. I agonized over that one for a long time. I was able to contact the buyer after much trouble, and offered him much more than he paid. His response.. "F YOU, THIS IS A LIFER"!
o_O

You’re right.

The guy who bought mine in the late 90s still has it.

Back