Artist Series II

Bomonganni

I recently acquired a 1996 Artist Series II in teal black. I haven’t found much info other than specs. Specifically about the semi-hollow construction, the Artist Pickups, anything else that makes it special. Anybody know much about these?

Last edited:
I recently acquired a 1996 Artist Series II in teal black. I haven’t found much info other than specs. Specifically about the semi-hollow construction, the Artist Pickups, anything else that makes it special. Anybody know much about these?

Pics?? I loved mine. My very first PRS that saw a whole bunch of top shelf Gibsons come and go.
Fantastic guitar!

2bJ1tm2
2bJ1tm2

2d3b1sy
2d3b1Au

2d3b1Au
2d3b1sy

Last edited:
Not sure how the posting pics thing works. I love this guitar. I’ve had a few other PRS before this one, and am selling a Les Paul to fund this, but this one is in a class by itself. I just can’t seem to find any info on these, other than the listed specs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tag
I had Artist II, #32 in Teal Black. It was a solid body, as I believe all Artist IIs were.

Lovely guitar, was my #1 for 7-8 years.

Nope. My Natural Artist II (now Hans' grubby little paws) was semi hollow...

Hey Jamie!
I remember that one. It was stunning.
Didnt you have a semi hollow orange 10th anniversary as well? Or an orange artist III??
I think you were the one who posted those cool x ray pics of the semi hollow body!

Not sure how the posting pics thing works. I love this guitar. I’ve had a few other PRS before this one, and am selling a Les Paul to find this, but this one is in a class by itself. I just can’t seem to find any info on these, other than the listed specs.

You should check and see if the body is deeper than a cu 22. I believe all those were McCarty depth. And if you look close, the back is actually a cap! They routed them from the back and then capped it. They did such a good job, many people never notice it. I didnt for several months on my Artist 3 semi hollow!

Interesting stuff. I was told mine was semi-hollow, and it sure sounds like it when you tap on the body. Very resonant as well. I have looked and looked but I can’t see a seam on the back. But the back is a dark teal color, so it would be hard to see. I had a Custom 22 several years ago, but I don’t remember the thickness enough to be able to compare this one. What about the Artist Pickups? What’s the consensus on those? I dig them. This guitar sounds better plugged into my amp than a non-weight relieved Les Paul with a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge, if that says anything.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. I was told mine was semi-hollow, and it sure sounds like it when you tap on the body. Very resonant as well. I have looked and looked but I can’t see a seam on the back. But the back is a dark teal color, so it would be hard to see. I had a Custom 22 several years ago, but I don’t remember the thickness enough to be able to compare this one. What about the Artist Pickups? What’s the consensus on those? I dig them. This guitar sounds better plugged into my amp than a non-weight relieved Les Paul with a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge, if that says anything.

I will measure the body on mine and let you know!

What am I doing wrong when trying to post pics?

You have to have a link to the actual .jpg (or whatever format the image is). One of the posts above just has links to the flic.kr page, When I click on those, it says it’s “adult content” and I have to sign in (I’m guessing that’s just an account or image setting). I don’t have an account, so I can’t get to the image, so I can’t figure out just what you need to do to post the link.

There is a thread that goes through the basic process, but I don’t remember if it has specific flic.kr instructions.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/how-to-post-pics.932/

I thought I did that on the post after the one with the links you mention, but I just shows as (img) for some reason.

I thought I did that on the post after the one with the links you mention, but I just shows as (img) for some reason.

Sometimes those will let you click and see the image, but they’re not doing that for me this time.

Back