Arrived - Charcoal Satin S2 in the House!!!

andy474x

Knows the Drill
The day has come! Hustled over to the Fedex facility after work and picked this bad boy up.

22857755413_432c14b1f0_z.jpg

Pickguard cellophane isn't the only Klingon around here...
22856593434_b3de13da61_z.jpg

The beauty and the black sheep
22858238783_2b938171b9_z.jpg

Now, you might be thinking, what a ridiculous purchase to get something so similar to what he already has. And you're right, but I have no shame!

I like my semi-hollow so much, I wanted another that would be more proper for hard rock and loud stages, and getting hauled around and abused at gigs. First impression: I'm pleased! This axe has more oomph in the lows and mids and a more powerful feel overall, compared to the air and chime of the semi. The bridge pickup hits hard (despite the low output), and the neck pickup and middle position are more focused and less boomy. Split tones are more strat like and authoritative. I play the semi for worship services and quiet, polite gigs, and the tone sends chills down my spine - this one is its evil twin, more of a powerhouse with a bold tone. Definitely hearing the difference in construction. The finish isn't as luxurious as the gloss but I think it'll be a great workhorse. And of course, the setup is spot on, no buzzing, no sharp fret ends, etc. For a USA made PRS under a grand, I'm sold!

I knew it! Better description than I could give it. Yes, the setup was spot on. Keep on rockin' it! :top:

Awesome rock machine! I had one of the old SC satin standards and it kicked a$$.

Congrats, Andy - there's no shame in having doubles, or near doubles ;) Remember what Sheryl Crow sang...if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad...

Looks great. I'm glad I found this thread. Trying to pick between these two models exactly. I already have an s2 Mira and I love it. So I'm wondering if the satin Standard 22 will be much different than the Mira? Maybe the semi hollow custom is better compliment to the Mira? Any thoughts?

When you ordered this, I was thinking gray satin would be ok, but not that great, compared to the beauty of most PRS guitars. Now that I see your pics, that's a really cool looking guitar! And like you said, for a grand, pretty hard to beat. I've got to play one of these!

Congrats! Looks like a great score.

Thanks guys! Played it for a few more minutes at lunch and, well, it was a good lunch!

Well that looks dang nice under the tree!
Congrats! What amp are you using, the 30?

Yeah, I have the 30 tweaked and it doesn't disappoint with this guitar. I'll get to really crank it up at band practice tomorrow night!

Looks great. I'm glad I found this thread. Trying to pick between these two models exactly. I already have an s2 Mira and I love it. So I'm wondering if the satin Standard 22 will be much different than the Mira? Maybe the semi hollow custom is better compliment to the Mira? Any thoughts?

Get both, duh! ;)

The semi hollow would give you the most variety. Don't get me wrong, I like the standard so far, but the semi hollow is a gem. The standard is basically your Mira with a trem - not a bad thing by any means! But if you like semis, you'll dig the Custom.

Back