Another "which guitar" thread!

TheWeez

I currently have two SE Customs; one with a fixed bridge and one with the Floyd Rose. I buddy just picked up an SE Custom 24-8 that I absolutely love. When I started looking at them, I realized there is a Custom S2 24-8. While it's double the price, as much as I love my two Indonesian-made models, I really want to get into the American-made models and the S2 fits the budget. The 24-8 switching config is awesome and something I wish my Custom 24's had.

I guess I'm hoping there are some S2 owners that also own a similar foreign model that can describe the differences and basically tell me if it's worth the extra cash. I really have no major complaints about my current PRS' so just interested to hear if it would be dramatically better. Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

I do not own a single SE but have played quite a few of them.
I own five S2s and they all have their original pickups in them.
I'm not saying the SEs are bad but the S2s are well worth the $$$.

WHz299K.jpg

WHz299K.jpg
Those Miras tho...damn! Thanks for sharing that!

OP, the S2 are totally worth it! I've a S2 Vela and had a S2 594 DC. They are stellar!

WHz299K.jpg
Nice. And great neck profiles to boot. You need an S2 Singlecut. :)

The S2 line is hard to beat. I had a couple Core models up until recently. I prefer how the S2 bodies feel. They do not blow away an SE, but they are a better instrument.

If you love the electronics on the SE then you will enjoy the s2. The s2 has a better carve in my opinion. And it’s nice to have a real wood top with no veneer. Be very selective when choosing your top. The flame finishes on the s2 are certainly more plain than the CE or higher

Back