First steps

TheCraftsman

Just a guy who loves music
Took my first steps into the PRS world and picked up a 2008 Tremonti Se and a 2021 Custom SE 24-08, both guitars are beautiful to play, hard to put down. Yes, I know they’re not Core models or 10 Too but a great introduction.

Happy playing 🎸

Last edited:
I think I’ll replace the nut on both and have a pro setup although they play very nice as are, I see a lot of people swapping out pups but I like a clean warm clean and a dirty distortion so something to look at for the future, whilst I save for my forever guitar. The most important thing for me is they got me really playing again and wanting to play every spare minute I have

Thanks a lot, I was half expecting that people here would be looking down on the SE but got em for great prices and they are impossible to put down, wife is not happy 😂
Why would anyone look down on an SE? That's not tolerated here, nor should it be anywhere! Welcome to the nuthouse! Sorry about the wife, but in the end this will work out well for you, as she learns she needs to put in some effort in competing for your time and attention. ;)

I think I’ll replace the nut on both and have a pro setup although they play very nice as are, I see a lot of people swapping out pups but I like a clean warm clean and a dirty distortion so something to look at for the future, whilst I save for my forever guitar. The most important thing for me is they got me really playing again and wanting to play every spare minute I have
Nut is a common replacement on these (TWSS!) but, especially when it's new, play the pickups for a while before making any decisions on that.

Why would anyone look down on an SE? That's not tolerated here, nor should it be anywhere! Welcome to the nuthouse! Sorry about the wife, but in the end this will work out well for you, as she learns she needs to put in some effort in competing for your time and attention. ;)
I should be nicer about it as she supported it and actually bought half of it for our anniversary, she just said “please don’t buy more guitars” to which I replied “I won’t…… for now” haha

Last edited:
Nut is a common replacement on these (TWSS!) but, especially when it's new, play the pickups for a while before making any decisions on that.
Yes for sure not in any hurry, I’m actually thinking the heights of these pups is way off on the SE Custom 24-08 with the neck being recessed to almost below the pickup ring, I’ll have a fiddle tonight and see if I can get them set right.

Congrats and welcome!!!

Also, the obligatory...

pics.gif

Back