Another NGD 96 CE24

Mr H

I have only just got my Brent Mason but I have had my eye on this for a few weeks and finally got it. A 1996 CE24. It is in really good condition only one finish break on the bottom edge but is not noticeable unless you run your fingers over it. It has some nice buckle rash on the back too! I think it has a few birds eyes in the top See pic 3. I got it on Thursday but had to clean the filth off. These are my first wing tuners and I like them. I watched a youtube video about them and a lot of people were bitching, but I do not see why. They are so easy to use. The only problem I had was the post being in the wrong position on the plain strings and the collars are tight but after I got the post in the right place I had no issues. I prefer these to phase II in looks but I still like phase III the best. The bridge was very dirty so I stripped it and used 1000 grit wet and dry to clean the saddles and give them a brushed look. I am also impressed with the HFS/VB they sound really nice which i did not expect (don't know why). I was going to swap the knobs for lampshades but only have 2 black ones and I think the speed knobs look pretty nice on this. I want a birth year custom next (1988) and a HBII. The only mod i think I will make is to remove the finish from the neck and give it an oil finish. The first 11 frets could to with replacing too down the line. I am very happy and this is #8 in my collection.

AmbU7Tn.jpg

n55tB83.jpg

2m5SPNM.jpg

5myS1a1.jpg

SECfXmD.jpg

EDBduZX.jpg

KTKH0Kp.jpg

Hi all, Thanks for the responses. It is really nice guitar, the only thing that is annoying is a crack from the neck joint (see below). Hopefully this is just in the finish.
3tObmPl.jpg

Question. Does anyone know if the CE maple necks were finished in nitro back in the day?

Back