And I happened to visit a Pawn shop in a sleepy little town and....

I walked into a pawn shop with a friend one day. This shop was a good hour plus from my house. I found a really nice Anderson in there. The guy was not budging much on the price. It was honestly priced right. I didn't want to pay what he wanted so I left.

I was back in there a year later with the same friend and this time my wife was with us. The guitar was still there. I started talking a deal and he was ready to sell this time. We got down to $50 and I was not budging. I told him that I would give him the additional $50 if I could put it on my credit card since I don't carry that much cash on me ever. He wouldn't do it.

I left without it again. I got cash out that week and went back the next Saturday, with the same crew with me. He was on the phone when I walked in. I knew where the case was for the guitar so I grabbed the case and put it on the counter and put the guitar in it. When he got off the phone I told him I was there to continue our negotiations. He told me I was there to buy it or I wouldn't have drove all that way again. I told him he didn't know me very well. I pulled the envelop out with the cash in it and put it next to the guitar on the counter. I told him I was picking one of the two up and walking out the door with it and he got to decide which one. He didn't answer right away so I pulled the cash out and fanned it out so he could see it. He told me to count it. I told him I know exactly how much is there because I counted it when I put it in the envelope and it was the exact amount I offered him the week before. He picked the cash up and started counting it and when he got toward the end he said "what am I going to do, say no?" He then said pick my guitar up and head out. I still have that guitar today.
What Anderson Model and year, and how much?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

What Anderson Model and year, and how much?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
It is a Hollow Drop Top Classic. It has a really nice flame maple top on it and the finish is "nearly natural coral." I would have to pull it out to check the year on it. It is a 4 bolt neck so it is from before them going to the 2 bolt neck. I know it has stainless frets, so it is after they switched over to stainless. I won't reveal what I paid for it, in case I decide to sell it at some point. I have had it for about 7 years now. I will just say that I could have flipped it at that time and made $500 to $700 on it at that time. Since COVID and everything going way up in price, I could probably make over $1000 on it if I sold it and whoever bought it would get a pretty decent deal on it at today's prices. It is in really good condition with no dings or any real signs of use.

Back