About to add a Stripped 58 to the collection

Nice '12 dotted Stripper! :)

Waiting for the high gain report. Probably sounds huge!

Hey guys, so I didn't get a chance to play it first but I did buy it.
I was awaiting delivery but the guy decided it was too difficult to ship. So, I lost it. :(
Disappointed.

Now I'm on a new search.
I'm curious if you guys could give some input.
I have a 2001 SC and 2008 SC250 plus an older Les Paul Standard.

I'm looking now to get either a PRS SC Trem, 2012 SC245 25th Anniversary with Indian rosewood board, birds, orange burst flam, wraparound bridge and 57/08 pickups or a 2012 Stripped 58 with birds, 57/08 pickups and two piece bridge. I believe the Stripped 58, light beige like the one above that I had bought, is not weight relieved as far as I know and has larger or fatter frets than the SC245.

I am not sure about weight relief on any of these.

I have heard the 58 is not weight relieved, solid mahogany like an older LP and larger and fatter frets. Not sure if true.

I am a hard rock, alt rock and grunge player, but also play classic rock, rock and metal. I prefer fat and beefy tones.

I can't decide now on these three. I don't usually use a trem and I think the body is thinner so I am thinking Stripped 58 or SC245.

Last edited:
I have heard the 58 is not weight relieved, solid mahogany like an older LP
No weight relief. Mahogany with solid maple cap. 8.05 pounds. Like the golden era LP's which were generally between 8 and 9 pounds.

Last edited:
No weight relief. Mahogany with solid maple cap. 8.05 pounds. Like the golden era LP's which were generally between 8 and 9 pounds.
Thanks and the SC245 models are weight relieved? Know anything about the 25th Anniversary SC245?

True but I do notice that weight relieved have a different attack so it depends what you prefer. Some guys don't like the resonance and spiky highs of weight relieved guitars. Personal preference.
My solid guitars have fatter, warmer highs and a tighter attack.
I agree though.

Hi. My name is Danny and I am a Metalhead.
I own an SC245 with 57/08 pickups and I love it.
I've also got some high gain amps.
But I would never try playing Norwegian black metal or any of those other fast paced over the top super-distorted kinds of Metal with this guitar as I believe it is much better suited to classic hard rock and classic Heavy Metal. If you want to do that fast & heavy Death Metal stuff, that's why PRS made the Mark Holcomb model. Much better tool for that job.

PRS-2013_SC245RedBurst2730.jpg

Hi Danny, I really like the SC 58, Stripped 58 and newer two piece bridge SC 245 models (non weight relieved) - all are very similar guitars other than finish, binding, etc.

I don't play that sort of metal. I do have other guitars with a 25" scale and hot, right pickups for metal, but I also use those for rock, hard rock, etc.

Hi. My name is Danny and I am a Metalhead.
I own an SC245 with 57/08 pickups and I love it.
I've also got some high gain amps.
But I would never try playing Norwegian black metal or any of those other fast paced over the top super-distorted kinds of Metal with this guitar as I believe it is much better suited to classic hard rock and classic Heavy Metal. If you want to do that fast & heavy Death Metal stuff, that's why PRS made the Mark Holcomb model. Much better tool for that job.

PRS-2013_SC245RedBurst2730.jpg
I Would Cannibal Corpse That Bad Boy All Day But That Is Me. In All Truth, It Would Probably Benefit From A Pickup Change For That Music But Still, I Would Rock That No Problem. :)

BTW - Beautiful Guitar :)

So I lost that one Stripped 58 because the guy decided it was too difficult to ship.
I ended up getting this one. Great guy, has a large guitar collection and many sat in their cases for years since purchase. He bought this 2012 Stripped 58 new and it hasn't bene used since he mostly plays other style of guitars.
It's got the 57/08 pickups.
Ill give a good go with the band but I'm curious if any of you have used the 59/09 in the bridge position of this pickup.
I don't know if this guitar has split coils or not, reverse polarity, etc.
I prefer Alnico V pickups and this will be my only guitar with an Alnico II bridge pickup.

Last edited:
So I lost that one Stripped 58 because the guy decided it was too difficult to ship.
I ended up getting this one. Great guy, has a large guitar collection and many sat in their cases for years since purchase. He bought this 2012 Stripped 58 new and it hasn't bene used since he mostly plays other style of guitars.
It's got the 57/08 pickups.
Ill give a good go with the band but I'm curious if any of you have used the 59/09 in the bridge position of this pickup.
I don't know if this guitar has split coils or not, reverse polarity, etc.
I prefer Alnico V pickups and this will be my only guitar with an Alnico II bridge pickup.

That looks awesome

Back