a mate for my 513

g.wizz

Nabs
Hello brothers
My 513 is starting to feel lonely in her case and everytime i hold her she starts nagging me (albeit quitely) to choose for her a worthy partner or a mate.
Now, i'm thinking of an SCT (i'm selfish and almost can't live without a trem equipped fiddle) but i'm willing to tolerate a stop tail if that makes her happy.
I'm thinking of an SC to add a different flavor and excitment tonally but i'm wondering how much overlapping would be between the two.is a SC with P90's a better option? A DGT? A semi hollow?
I'm open to all suggestions if anyone would love to chime in, your opinions is highly appreciated
Thx.

A sc would be nice compliment to her for sure . Nice growl out of them but don't forget a DGT , lots of low end on them . At least mine does lol. The DGT is a great guitar , very versatile and a joy to play. I've had mine since May 2013 and I'm still thrilled to play it . It's tied with my cu24 10 top for the number one spot.

Last edited:
I'd look at a SCT or Tremonti, I personally love the idea of soapy's but since the 513 does single coil stuff already you might want some "real" hum buckers.

I saw a gorgeous used Tremonti at the guitar shop in Ontario .....I even thought about grabbing it lol...

Great thought Sergio ....

Hmm, if SC with Trem is your "default list", then for current models you are kinda limited to the DGT. SCT not a current model, right?

If a stoptail of some type is acceptable, how about a P245? Gets you the single cut look, with the added bonus of piezo (just make sure to run it to a PA or Acoustic amp!).

Get an SC245, they really are great guitars, and would be a good stablemate for what you have.

The problem with 513's is that they're not monogamous - they'll mate with anything. :D

You're going to need several end pieces to complete the chain because the 513 covers so much ground so buy all the things!

I'm incredibly happy with my SC HB II as a compliment to my 513. It's a Stoptail, but provides a great counterpoint.

I wish... but i promise you watelessness
I will do that as soon as i win the lottery

Really depends on the tone that you want / what kind of music you like to play, oh and the neck carve(s) you like...but you really can't go wrong with any of the offerings. If an SC is your thing and a trem is ideal a Tremonti could work (pretty hot pickups) or you can still get your hands on an SC-Trem. I you want a Piezo but with the extra mass of an SC, the new P245's are worth a look too!! How about something like a McCarty Rosewood...that would be different; I know where there is a killer one for sale!

Well let us work by process of elimination:
Piezo? not needed
W/T neck? No
SCT? with a rosewood neck would be ideal (if i happen to find one used that is)
McCarty rosewood... That would be very nice.
Finances? non existing right now but that doesn't mean I can't dream right?
ah well i better start saving now :vroam:
Thanks brothers :top:

Sent you a PM - but I didn't see the finances stuff. DOH! Sorry for unrequited GAS!!!

Back