58/15 s pickups

Torvald

I did a search regarding these and didn't turn up much. Any fans of these pickups? Someone locally is selling a set for cheap. The PRS demo makes them sound great, of course.

They took a minute to dial in on my SE HB2, but once I found the sweet spot. I'm a fan. I did pick up some core 5815LT to drop in, but ended up using them elsewhere since the stock S pickups sounded good. I don't own one yet, but they also sound good in the S2 thinline. Though, when I do get one they will be replaced by what's in my SG. The guitar a thinline would replace. On the cheap I'd consider them, but honestly would still probably go another direction.

Thanks for the response. The guy is selling the 58/15 s and a set from an Ibanez AS73 for $70. I might be able to re- sell the Ibanez set for $25-30. I would think. I've been eyeing the Korean semi- hollows lately. Might be a nice upgrade.

I quite like the 58/15s in my S2 594. I would only change them if for a set of core 58/15LT which I would never be able to get my hands on anyway.

As an aside the AS73 is a great souding guitar, so those pickups would probably work well in a lot of other scenarios.

I'm a big fan of these. Have 2 SE Hollowbodies plus an S2 Thinline that they sound great in. I also have an SE 35th anniversary 24-08, that came with the "TCI-S" pickups - I didn't care for those, a little too bright and thin so I swapped those out for a set of 58/15-S. Very happy with it.

I also have a Core 594 SC with the "LT+", and a Core Piezo Hollowbody with the LT's. Definitely very nice pickups, and with the USA 58/15LT's now being available, you have a decision to make but personally I'd be hard pressed to justify the price difference (but maybe that's just me...).

That's a great price you're being offered, I would definitely do it.

Back