237 Year Ago...

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
...as of tomorrow, the 4th of July, Congress approved the Declaration of Independence.

Happy Birthday to the United States of America!

And a happy and safe Independence Day to all of my fellow Americans. :shakehands:

1038390_1372439462996_o.jpg

Thank you very much, and the same to everyone else here.
It has been like a war zone here for quite awhile.
I live a few blocks from Indian land where they have around 30 or so shacks setup to sell the illegal stuff.
The kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night from a few blocks away :D

I am walking down there tomorrow night with one of my camping chairs and sit on the sidewalk and watch the show.
They have shack wars where they see who can shoot off the most stuff.

The Star Spangled Banner was written by Francis Scott Key after witnessing a naval battle in Baltimore Harbor (Maryland) during the war of 1812. That same flag is now on Display in the Smithsonian American History Museum in Washington DC.

And today, on the celebration of the USA's independence, marks my 31st year of my "Loss of Independence".

Happy 31st Anniversary to my child bride, Lynn! Wed on the 4th of July!

Jamie

While we're at it, happy b-day to brother Eric Cummins of Willcutt Guitars. Born on the Fourth of July, yee haw!

Happy ann'y, Jamie! And happy birthday, Eric! Today was my grandfather's birthday as well - he'd have been 103, except for the not living part.

A very Happy 4th of July to all of my fellow American Brothers and Sisters here on the Forum, and all over the world!

I may post some appropriate music today in a different thread, but for here I'd like to suggest a site. If you already know about the National 911 Flag, then you know its story. If not, this website will help tell you about it. The short version is that there was a huge American Flag that was damaged on September 11th. What was left of the flag was saved and put in storage, and for quite some time now it has been on a journey to all fifty states to be repaired. At every stop there are patches added from special flags, and in some cases even special thread is used.

I think it's quite a story, and I can't watch any of the videos or see reports about it without crying. It reminds me of what Our Country means, what It stands for, and what it costs to keep it.

http://national911flag.org

If you do a search at YouTube for 'national 911 flag', there are plenty of videos from each location that the flag has been taken to and repaired.

Happy 4th of July America!!!

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
Back