2017 CE 24 info?

RobG

I emailed PRS customer service last week and asked about the 2017 CE lineup. They said late November, and couldn't tell me anything about any changes. Thought I'd post here just in case somebody might have heard something, or maybe they'd be willing to spill the info a little early for us.

I was about to order a 2016 model last week, but when the 2017 SE's came out with the big updates, I decided to wait, just in case. Even if there's no change, it's worth waiting. My current SE is doing just fine, especially since I'm a noob and what I do on the thing can barely be considered "playing" anyway. :p

So instead I spent my money on an electronic drum kit. I'll have the money again in late November or early December.

Rob

There's a few threads here on this and some info on PRS website. Main differences are there's a new headstock look(PRS sig) and new 85/15 SE pickups.

Right, but that's the SE line... not the CE line.

Rob

I could be wrong, but being so newly reintroduced I wouldn't expect big changes to the CEs this year. Maybe the addition of a 22 fret version if they're selling well?

Are there rumored changes to the CE? Pretty new model to be doing anything too major. I know the satin standard CE is on it's way...really nice price on those and standards rock.

This video is for a CE24 Standard Satin (2017 Limited Edition Purple) and the hardware seems to be identical to the 2016 CE24. The only difference being the finish. If you follow the link on the video's page you'll see some listings for a couple of other colors.

I know that isn't a definitive answer, but my guess based off of the info we have is that any changes will be cosmetic.

My guess would be minimal changes given the recency of the launch, maybe a few more custom colors and flame tops. Very nice indeed. They have also sown some lower priced models as well with a satin finish. My view is that there is now a lot of "brand traffic" in that $1,500 band range and they are trying to manage through that to maintain margins.

Also, look at the internet, Before no-one really knew what was happening as the brand and features changed. Now you know every ripple of change and are able to react to it. Until the mid 80;s, no-one knew there was a difference from a F guys slab board to a veneer board. custom colors? Yup spray it Lake placid Blue. $50 surcharge. Now.....

Back