2014 S2 custom 22 help!

Jose Martin

Hello!

I found a 2014 s2 custom 22, and I would like to ask you guys, what you think about this version?

AmMp8wY.jpg

mSGkIJy.jpg

ETVw4af.jpg

gtRD7er.jpg

9BMZqVw.jpg

Thank you.

Regards!

Last edited:
Not sure what you need to know: it will be a great playing CU22, without the fancier top of a Core, but still built in the USA.
Thank you!

Actually, I'm just trying to see if there's something to be aware about this year production, or in this model, I think this one is from the second year S2 production. :)

Anything about it, good or bad is more than welcome!

Thank you!

Actually, I'm just trying to see if there's something to be aware about this year production, or in this model, I think this one is from the second year S2 production. :)

Solid guitar. Nothing to worry about, well expect buying more after you have the first one.

Solid guitar. Nothing to worry about, well expect buying more after you have the first one.

Probably after few years I'll go for a core.:eek:

I just back to play guitar after 20 years, and, stop playing is the only decision that I regret at this moment.

BTW... ATM I use a cheap one just for practice, but, I disassembled it, rounded edges and polished frets, sanded carefully fretboard, is very smooth for practice.:D:D

OP I have 2 Standard 22s and they are my favorite, I like em better than my Core they play as well and the body contours are more comfy for me standing, I cant say enough just grab it and make sure the frets are OK its a winner! Nice finish too...

Thank you!

Nah, I don't think throughout the history of PRS there has ever been a "bad" or "off" year for QC/production. Stuff evolves, and in general the precise consistency of PRS has improved incrementally over time, but they were always great guitars. Some will say the improved consistency has come at the cost of that elusive mojo. I don't buy it. Not that I turn up my nose at older models - sometimes they have some history behind them, or are unique to their time, like West St Ltds...

Well... I justbought it!!

The lady is at home now!!!

Polishing frets.
uq6X5hT.jpg

XW9FWkB.jpg

Cleaned and conditioned fretboard.
W0ZpArp.jpg

New strings d'addario NYXL 10-46
tJ9JUD2.jpg

I'm I love!

Excuse me, any tips for pole screws in the pickups?, I usually shape the poles at same fretboard radius, not sure for this guitar what's the best setup.

Adjust the screws to balance out the sound, not match the radius of the fretboard. I find the G string is sometimes a little louder that the others and drop it, while listening. This it's also why Fender went to staggered pole heights, I believe.

I'll do my best, xD!

Thank you!

Back