You Won $1.1 Billion

My wife and I discussed this from time to time on long drives. The answer was to give most of it away, starting with buying property to build a sanctuary for cancer patients and their family. It happens that a property I consider perfect for that is up for sale a walk away from my house. Good acreage next to a nesting ground for water birds. A pond that freezes well for winter skating and a beautiful walking path maintained by the town at the edge of the property. It was a bit out of our price range the last time it came up for sale.

I mean... you JUST won. As in, haven't told a single person yet.

You haven't even turned in the ticket.

Now what?

Details please.

I'd probably get a big smile on my face. Then I'd tell my wife to start packing because I just won the lottery. When she asked what she should pack for - beach, mountains, etc. - I just say, "It really doesn't matter. Just pack your sh!t and get out."

Or to again quote the great Todd Snider...

"If I ever do get my money together, I'm gonna take care of all my friends.
Buy an island, run a phone line, call 'em, tell 'em all to get *#$^ed.
Oh - that oughta take care of them!"

Slightly NSFW:

I wouldn't want publicity, that's for sure. Every lunatic would be at my door. After I found a lawyer and tax people I could trust (is there such a thing?) I'd fix up my little house that I'm very content in and other than helping family and giving to charity I really don't know what I'd do. Wait, I know what I'd buy! New carpeting! That would be great! One more thing, I'd go out to Arizona to visit two of my brothers.

I'm not the type who'd go on some stupid spending spree and I'd still be driving my 2018 Ford Focus.

And I would still remain single! I can hear some women already: "But I love you money......err, I mean, honey!"

1) Lay down and sh!t myself.
2) Turn in ticket.
3) Deposit check
4) Make appointment to get Jaws metal teeth implants.
Watch 3rd Rock
Buy a pizza
Stay home
Wonder why you spent $100 on scratch tickets when millions of others did the same, decreasing your chances to about 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance of winning
Deposit $100 you saved for that fake Rolex watch you had your eye on.

I'd probably get a big smile on my face. Then I'd tell my wife to start packing because I just won the lottery. When she asked what she should pack for - beach, mountains, etc. - I just say, "It really doesn't matter. Just pack your sh!t and get out."
why bother? let her waste her resources to come divorce you.

I’m commissioning Boston Dynamics and CMU to build me the Ironman Mark 85 nano tech suit, with full weaponry. The AI voice in the helmet would be Paul.

Back