Where do I buy a SC58?

Basauri

Diamonds x Guitars deal with Paul
Good morning,

I'll be spending my holidays at USA on May-June (and attending the Experience!!!) and my intention is buying a PRS SC58 (will see what appears in the used market at the time).
Somebody could say: "" new SC245 is same deal", but I have a MC58 and love the limited features: artist grade top, paua birds, paisley hard case...
My route will be: New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, Washington DC.
Could you please recommend some guitar stores or markets in that cities with used gear and good prices?

Best regards

Memphis and Nashville are hotbeds for music, so I think you will find many guitar shops there...
but the prices could be a bit escalated due to the same reason. Good luck, Happy Hunting, and see you in June.

Here's one in stock at one of the premier PRS dealers, just north of DC.

http://www.chucklevins.com/products/paul-reed-smith-11174623-sc-58-black-slate-artist-top.html

QUOTE="Basauri, post: 265296, member: 10237"]Good morning,

I'll be spending my holidays at USA on May-June (and attending the Experience!!!) and my intention is buying a PRS SC58 (will see what appears in the used market at the time).
Somebody could say: "" new SC245 is same deal", but I have a MC58 and love the limited features: artist grade top, paua birds, paisley hard case...
My route will be: New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, Washington DC.
Could you please recommend some guitar stores or markets in that cities with used gear and good prices?

Best regards[/QUO

If you buy an SC245 Artist Pack you'll get all the extras that the SC58 had, except perhaps the paisley case, not sure which one it comes with.

If I buy an Artist Packed SC, someday, I have in mind a rosewood neck. But this time I´ll search second hand, my budget runs 2000-2500$ (wife doesn´t approve more unless we see something unique at the experience sales floor).

Absolutely agree with you. But I'm looking for a 58 because they sell at similar price than 245 and have all that limited features.
Of course those things don't sound and that's why I also look for 245s like the one I've posted.

Tomorrow at NOLA!
I'll make my hunting in Memphis-Nashville mostly, on Monday 30 through Thursday 2.
- Martin music Memphis
- gruhs guitars Nashville
- carters vintage Nasville

And if that doesn't result,
- action music and chuck levins in washington

If you see or know about something interesting, please let me know!

Last edited:
Tomorrow at NOLA!
I'll make my hunting in Memphis-Nashville mostly, on Monday 30 through Thursday 2.
- Martin music Memphis
- gruhs guitars Nashville
- carters vintage Nasville

And if that doesn't result,
- action music and chuck levins in washington

If you see or know about something interesting, please let me know!
Enjoy your trip! Happy hunting!

Paul Reed Smith actually worked at Chuck`s- Washington Music for a while. Chuck bought from Paul when he first got started. They almost always have things that are not on the sales floor that are either very special or very good deals. They`re known for having good PRS prices and absolute bedlam on the sales floor. You need to at least go there. It`s an experience, although not as good as Stevensville. Avoid Saturday's at all costs.

The blue crab blue one is already on my list :D

Oh my...!
I just returned from Martin Music in Memphis (nice people!) and I've tried a Sc58 that sounded cool but not great, and suddenly I tried a '08 sc245 artist packaged with ebony board that sounded... OH MY...! That feeling... This is the guitar...
And now I'm confused because I didn't want the one piece bridge, or a fretboard without binding, and I think this year SCs were weight relieved... Confused :confused:

Oh my...!
I just returned from Martin Music in Memphis (nice people!) and I've tried a Sc58 that sounded cool but not great, and suddenly I tried a '08 sc245 artist packaged with ebony board that sounded... OH MY...! That feeling... This is the guitar...
And now I'm confused because I didn't want the one piece bridge, or a fretboard without binding, and I think this year SCs were weight relieved... Confused :confused:
If you love it, buy it!

That's the problem, I LOVE the sound but not the guitar.
I think I'll wait. Tomorrow at Nashville there should be more PRSs to try. Maybe I'll regret it, maybe not.

Back