When you really want a PRS...

The guy has several pairs of cojones (and a dubious sense of aesthetics), no doubt. Just thinking going beyond swapping pickups makes me a lil bit uncomfortable.

What's the furthest you guys have gone modding a non inexpensive guitar?

The guy has several pairs of cojones (and a dubious sense of aesthetics), no doubt. Just thinking going beyond swapping pickups makes me a lil bit uncomfortable.

What's the furthest you guys have gone modding a non inexpensive guitar?
Put a $300 snakeskin graphic paint by Jim O'Conner(via Wayne Charvel) on a $350 Kramer Focus 6000.

Used a hammer and chisel to fit a humbucker on a Squire Bullet... Plywood sucks to chisel... I blew out a chunk of the back.

I did these kind of things when I was in my early teens.

I had never seen those Steinberger tuners! I love that concept as I think the tuners sticking out the sides of a headstock are generally unattractive (the art deco ones on a classy acoustic or jazz guitar are one exception)!! Though I must add, the bit of those tuners that is on the front of the headstock of those tuners looks like @zz as well IMO ;~(( Thanks for sharing that "unique" creation!!!

Last edited:
I had never seen those Steinberger tuners! I love that concept as I think the tuners sticking out the sides of a headstock are generally unattractive (the art deco ones on a classy acoustic or jazz guitar are one exception)!! Though I must add, the bit of those tuners that is on the front of the headstock of those tuners looks like @zz as well IMO ;~(( Thanks for sharing that "unique" creation!!!
Those Steinberger tuners are notorious for being POS. And the 40:1 ratio makes tuning a real PITA too!

Those Steinberger tuners are notorious for being POS. And the 40:1 ratio makes tuning a real PITA too!
Well that sucks! I appreciate that info though, good to know!! I have owned a Steinberger XM2T bass (with locking trans trem) since 1990 and never had a problem with the tuners on there, but these are a different duck in many ways ;~))

Back