What signature models would you like to see revisited?

horax

A lot of great guitars have come and gone through the years. It's natural. Artists change ideas, customers migrate to and from vendors, and tastes evolve over time.

However, in my history, there are a few amazing guitars that were underserved, IMO. I'd love to see some revisitations of some of hte classics, but with upgraded SE headstocks, etc.

A few of my faves....which ones do you prefer?

My #1: Frederik Akesson Singature
51PtkBkghdL._AC_SX466_.jpg
sjdk3314rkrpnlp422gg.jpg

My #2: Mikael Akerfeldt signature
IMG_9118.JPG

#3: Chris Robertson

5f472e36e6de06ac0dd174fe367f4d5f.jpg

I’d be hard pressed to pick a #1 of my guitars, it depends on the job that needs to be done, but my Akesson is right up there with the best of ‘em. I put 57/08’s in mine, and the SE locking tuners, what a dream! It’s definitely one of, if not the best SE I’ve ever played. Honestly, when it comes to a ballsy, bridge pickup rock machine, I don’t even know if I could easily find a core guitar that’s as good. I had my eye on it on the wall in the shop for a couple months, and resisted temptation until one day my wife (who had no idea) spied it and made me try it. SOLD!

Although I have to say, the new SE245’s are closer than they used to be to the vibe of the Akesson, very resonant. If they could do a run with ebony boards and quilt tops, and they already come with the adjustable stoptail, we’d be 90% of the way there.

Fot those of us with shorter PRS history, nominations should include reasons why!

Fot those of us with shorter PRS history, nominations should include reasons why!
The Akesson was amazing. Ebony fretboard, real abalone inlays, and if I remember correctly the bridge was a core bridge.
The body was slightly thicker than anything else PRS had done, and the neck was chunky and wide. The knobs were not traditional in that volume/tone were varied depending on the pickup you used.

The Frontida Brun (brown) finish was really cool and almost looked purple. I think it was a real maple cap, not veneer.
I also think the standard pickups were Seymour Duncans.

Back