What animal inlays WOULD keep you from buying a guitar?

Shultzie

Sergio somewhat dared me to start this thread from his 'creepy' birds thread.

So..., what animal inlays WOULD keep you from buying a guitar? (Take note, no brands mentioned)

I'll start - 'Polecat' - North American of course, not European.

...and don't start making lines about 'Unladen Swallows’ and the like. (Oops, Ignore that bird reference)

Who’s Next?

Had a pet 'Pole Cat' when I was a kid. He was awesome. AFTER we had his scent glands removed.

Animal inlay that would keep me from buying a guitar?

A donkey.

Last edited:
Dolphins, Unicorns, Wolves, or any thing genetically related. I like flowers, stars, and snowflakes what can I say?

Oh! Unless it was a combination of a dolphin soaring over a rainbow while the unicorn was goring the wolf... I'd rock that.

Dolphins, Unicorns, Wolves, or any thing genetically related. I like flowers, stars, and snowflakes what can I say?

Oh! Unless it was a combination of a dolphin soaring over a rainbow while the unicorn was goring the wolf... I'd rock that.

What's genetically related to a Unicorn?

To reiterate from the other thread...

Anything with an indiscernable profile. I was traumatized when I found out that the turtle on my 24th fret was really an owl. :eek:

Single cell organisms - out.
Anything in the larval stage - out.
Spectators at a football game, as seen from a blimp - out.
Snot Sea Cucumbers - out!

Haha when people ask what that is on my 24th I act completely shocked that they don't know and say something loudly along the lines of "thats a screech owl on a branch B....! anymore questions?" Then they realize that I had to look it up myself the first time too lol

I'd say that wouldn't want a guitar with SHEEP on it. Too soft and fluffy. A tiger head inlay would be cool

Birds. The eagle on the headstock is cool, but otherwise they're way too much for me.

I don't know if I'd buy any guitar with some sort of animal inlaid all over it. Not my style.

This is a partial list for me...

No
aardvark addax alligator alpaca anteater antelope aoudad ape argali armadillo ass baboon badger basilisk bat bear beaver bighorn bison boar budgerigar buffalo bull bunny burro camel canary capybara chameleon chamois chimpanzee chinchilla chipmunk civet coati colt cony cow crocodile crow deer dingo doe dog donkey dormouse dromedary duckbill dugong eland elephant elk ermine ewe fawn ferret finch fox frog gazelle gemsbok gila monster giraffe gnu goat gopher gorilla grizzly bear ground hog guanaco guinea pig hamster hare hartebeest hedgehog hippopotamus hog horse hyena ibex iguana impala jackal jackass jerboa kangaroo kid kinkajou koala koodoo lamb lemur lizard llama lovebird lynx mandrill mare marmoset marten mink mole mongoose monkey moose mountain goat mouse mule musk deer musk-ox muskrat mustang mynah bird newt ocelot okapi opossum orangutan oryx otter ox panda panther parakeet parrot peccary pig platypus polar bear pony porcupine porpoise prairie dog pronghorn puma puppy quagga rabbit raccoon ram rat reindeer rhinoceros roebuck salamander seal sheep shrew silver fox skunk sloth snake springbok squirrel stallion steer tapir toad turtle vicuna walrus warthog waterbuck weasel whale wildcat wolf wolverine wombat woodchuck yak zebra zebu

No
insects - all of them

No
fish - all of them

Back