truss rod problem

Joan Desilva

hola a todos, me han acercado una hermosa PRS zach myers, tenia una pequeña curva en el brazo y la acción de las cuerdas está alta, pero al manipular la cabeza del truss rod, no causa ningún efecto en el brazo. como sé si está dañada, o suelta, esto se puede reparar facilmente o toca llevarla a un luthier? gracias

If the truss rod turns but doesn’t have any effect on the bow in the neck, it is likely broken. It’s possible that someone broke it trying to fix that very issue. Generally speaking, that’s a luthier job to replace it. I’d recommend contacting the PRS Tech Center (PTC) for help on this.

https://www.prsguitars.com/ptc/

Hi Rick, I contacted the PRs in the United States and I need to buy the original truss rod. They send me to contact the PR distributors in my country Colombia, but they tell me that they only bring guitars, accessories and spare parts. Thanks to your message I just sent an email to PRS Tech Center. I expect a positive response from them. I want to repair the guitar and replace the truss rod with another original double action.

Hi Rick, I contacted the PRs in the United States and I need to buy the original truss rod. They send me to contact the PR distributors in my country Colombia, but they tell me that they only bring guitars, accessories and spare parts. Thanks to your message I just sent an email to PRS Tech Center. I expect a positive response from them. I want to repair the guitar and replace the truss rod with another original double action.
I’m sure they can help you to get the part. I’ve never done this personally, but believe it involves raising the fingerboard from the neck to replace, so it would certainly be a “send it to the luthier” scenario for me. You are wise to go back with the double action truss rod, and for keeping the guitar all PRS. Best of luck with the repair!

If it’s an SE. The. The bad news is that it isn’t a financially viable repair, as Rick says the fretboard will need to be removed (not an easy thing). It’s time consuming and expensive!

What Alnus said above...Unfortunately, replacing an SE truss rod is most likely more expensive than buying a whole new guitar...

Back