Totally non guitar related (in honor of shark week)

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Forgive me that these are crappy pics but it happened fast and I didn't have time to adjust the cell phone cam.

I live in SF, 3 blocks from the wharf, and along with guitar pluckin', I've been fishing since............(oh we won't go there), but for the many years I've been out there on the water I've never seen a great white......and the "red triangle" the highest concentration of them on the coast is right outside the Golden Gate. Well, this day was different, I'd been using 2lb mackerel for lingcod bait and after a few short bites and shredded bait I guess there was enough blood in the water to spark the interest of this guy. About 11ft from what I could see when he passed the boat, circled a couple times, and cruised off. I whipped out the cell ph cam a little late so the pics weren't so great but it was kinda exiting.........not NGD exiting, but seeing a killer as close as the tip of your fishing rod get's your blood pumping.

The classic fin shot.

Silhouette in the lower right.

Thrilling story but I can't see the pics!

edit:
Ah...there they are now!

Last edited:
I made this for the 4th party yesterday... had no idea it was just shark week!

shark.jpg

I watched some people go into the landfill after hours to snap pics of bear eating garbage when I was in Alaska.

Bears and sharks........no thanks!!!
I'm more afraid of bears, they can run you down.
Saw one in the woods once:eek:..(*30 yrs ago)........................................... and I never went camping again:rolleyes:.

I've never seen a shark. I suppose if I were on land it would be cool...on a boat - HELL NO. I do enjoy shark week though.

What if I take one with you? ;)

Hey now, if you guys decide to do this, be sure to let me know. I need some content for a script I'm working on. Leaving the world of soft core and venturing out....

OTE"Huggy B, post: 278828, member: 8634"]I'm more afraid of bears, they can run you down.
Saw one in the woods once:eek:..(*30 yrs ago)........................................... and I never went camping again:rolleyes:.[/QUOTE]
Its
I'm more afraid of bears, they can run you down.
Saw one in the woods once:eek:..(*30 yrs ago)........................................... and I never went camping again:rolleyes:.

It's kind of like this..........when i'm swimming, i don't worry about bears. When i'm walking on land i don't worry about sharks!!!

Back