SXSW Stuff - Partybaby, Jamie

László

Too Many Notes
DIY Mag, Mazda, Bud Light and other sponsors are putting on a SXSW showcase that includes my son's band Partybaby; there will be more showcases in Austin, but this is the first one. They'll also be at the Empire Control Room on the 18th, and at least one more showcase is scheduled.

http://diymag.com/2016/03/01/hinds-...iy-x-mazda-hype-machines-hype-hotel-sxsw-2016

SXSW-web-final.jpg

I'm bummed that I have to miss these due to upcoming surgery, but for those headed to Austin for SXSW, this is a VERY good rock band! ;)

Nice! If they roll back through Chicago I will endeavor to check them out live.

BTW, your boy's girl, Margot, was on Fallon again Tuesday night.

BTW, your boy's girl, Margot, was on Fallon again Tuesday night.

My wife called me and I caught the beginning of the interview. They're just pals. Nothing more to it.

But that is one charming and gorgeous young woman, for sure.

There's a bunch of bands I want to see there this year, but geezin' sucks. Haven't ruled it out, but if I go, I'll make a point to see Partybaby.

So on the way to SXSW Partybaby are playing tomorrow, 3/11, Las Vegas, Neon Reverb, at the Backstage Bar, and 3/12 Phoenix, The Viva PHX Festival, Punk Rock Alley.

My wife is visiting my sister in law in Phoenix and gets to see the show! She's pretty excited. I'm stuck in Michigan working on an ad project, so I can't go.

The report on the Phoenix show from my wife and my sis-in-law is that the show was great, though the outdoor venue was called "Punk Alley," and it was, indeed, in an alley on some loading dock. The band was happy with their performance, and I know they are very fussy about their work, so the show must've been good.

I was sad to miss it.

I'm even sadder to miss these SXSW showcases, as I'd really planned to go before the hand issues came up. I'm told there are 4 showcases, two of them today or tomorrow an hour apart. That load-out, load-in should be lotsa fun for the band...:eek:

My son texted me that he doesn't worry about that stuff, he just does what he has to do to get the work done.

Oh to be young again!

Back