Stereo (+1)

I would have responded before now, but I've been....busy.... I can't believe that I've never experimented with this stuff before.

For django, I'm with you. The swart, all by itself, with just a single guitar input (split internally as you say) will take you all sorts of fun places. Just a single channel of the Swart is the best tweed tone I've ever experienced. Add the stereo, and the split reverb / trem, and you can get beautiful old school tones.

For Les though, I'm misusing the term stereo for most of my orgy of sound here over the last couple of days. I'm just talking dirt stupid stuff. Couple of amps, with distinct tones by themselves, plugged in to a stereo cab, and the blend is great. Rockerverb + DG30...unbelievable. 2061x + Archon....amazing. MDT + Two Rock ODS....to die for. I'm sure that this will get old eventually (I assume so...since I don't see tons of people gigging around here using two separate heads into a stereo cab).

Oh well... I think I'll combine a GA40 with a 2 channel C next and see where that nets me... If you guys don't hear from me in a couple of days, send for help. It probably means that I forgot to eat and am passed out on the floor.
Oh, it doesn't get old. I think it's more of the fact that people don't want to dedicate the time and energy to it. I've run multiple amps for over a decade(or at least a wet/dry rig. There's nothing better than the wideness of the sound. Of course you need to play big enough stages, have sound engineers that are willing to mic multiple amps, etc. Also a bit of a hassle turning multiple volumes down when you're too loud. There's really nothing better than that sound though.

Well, Egads.... If you make it to the big shindig in MD next month, you're welcome to try mine out. The Swart is definitely fun to play with.

I'll say this about that, as Nixon used to say. The cab alone is worth the price of admission. I ended up being lazy at practice, and didn't bother dealing with stereo heads and instead just plugged the 2-Channel C into both sides of the Swart cab. It fills the entire room without the typical dead spots. The speakers are angled out off axis with a baffle in between them, and whatever it's doing is great in a live environment....

You know, that cab is about the same price as the Mesa. Not a bad price for something made that well and that evidently sounds so good.

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to miss out on the festivities, but I'd love to hit you up next time I'm out there. You gots lots of pretty toys.

BTW, what are you running through the Tone King cab? My mom and I just bought my 68 year old dad a Sky King, and I've never seen a better reaction to a piece of gear.

I've only messed with a "stereo" rig when I was the only guitar player in our jam band.
A Marshall JTM30 2x10" combo at one side of the drummer and a Laney LC15R into a 2x12" Greenback loaded cab at the other side (ignore the Matchless logo...).

I run my guitars into the TC Nova System and used the Dual delay to create the stereo effect. This and the different sounding amps created great full result live!!
But at the end, I never liked carrying the two amps around...
22012011226.jpg

You know, that cab is about the same price as the Mesa. Not a bad price for something made that well and that evidently sounds so good.

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to miss out on the festivities, but I'd love to hit you up next time I'm out there. You gots lots of pretty toys.

BTW, what are you running through the Tone King cab? My mom and I just bought my 68 year old dad a Sky King, and I've never seen a better reaction to a piece of gear.

That's actually a Tone King Metropolitan combo. The other guitarist uses that as a platform for his Axe / Pod / whatever it is thingy. He's a great guitar player, but loves his gain and effects. You'd think that would be a waste of a totally good Metro, but it actually sweetens up that pedal platform (which I'm not a big fan of.) I have a Sky King as well, and it's a fantastic amp. Really unique sounding.

I've only messed with a "stereo" rig when I was the only guitar player in our jam band.
A Marshall JTM30 2x10" combo at one side of the drummer and a Laney LC15R into a 2x12" Greenback loaded cab at the other side (ignore the Matchless logo...).

I run my guitars into the TC Nova System and used the Dual delay to create the stereo effect. This and the different sounding amps created great full result live!!
But at the end, I never liked carrying the two amps around...

I definitely understand not wanting to haul extra stuff. I always bring a spare head though, so we'll if I include stereo live. Having the single stereo cab definitely makes it easier.

*Spontaneous drooling*

Uuggghhh, I did it again. Click into a seemingly subtle thread and I'm wiping down the iPad again. And worse, it's a topic that mesmerized me in the early '90s. Oh pooh...

When I first bought my Boogie, M/B was making a "slave" combo they called a Satellite amp. It was an EQ-less Mark III designed specifically for stereo rigs leveraging stereo processors thru the FX loop. The master amp handled the preamp tone controls and the one channel of output and the satellite took the return from your processor (I was using a DigiTech RDS1900) for channel 2. With even subtle width settings, the effect was HUGE. I never pulled the trigger on a Satellite and I regretted it, a little. Yes, only a little because I liked using other amps in the same capacity - usually my Twin. And now, you've found this cool-assed cab that has piqued my interest.

Evil, diabolical thoughts coming back. Must...not...

it's a topic that mesmerized me in the early '90s. Oh pooh...

Me too, along with some other unpractical technologies like guitar synth. I had a huge stereo rig with two 4x12's that my phasers and delays would swoosh and ping-pong through... a ton of lifting for little payoff.

You are a warrior, Serge. :rock:I never lugged a stereo rig, ever. Though, carrying the MkIII is like carrying 2 amps.

You are a warrior, Serge. :rock:I never lugged a stereo rig, ever. Though, carrying the MkIII is like carrying 2 amps.

I'm not a warrior anymore. I'm now a lazy dude that rents and borrows amps, speaking of which I took a MkIII home from a studio for a year and destroyed my walls (and some tolex) carrying that heavy thing up and down the stairs!

I found a picture of my old pedalboard/flightcase... two full sized Ernie Ball Vol. pedals, a Ground Control, and a Control One, all wrapped up in 50 pounds of plywood and carpet. I would never wanna carry this again.

While I'm on the subject of what a goon I used to be; I used to have a ATA two-guitar flight-case! Probably 80 pounds without guitars in it... Nobody was ever ripping my sh!t off from a club without working for it. For further proof check out this picture of a GK pickup fitted to my CE:

I don't know what's worse; the krishna bead necklace I was wearing or the eyebrow ring. :flute: It was the 90's....

That's actually a Tone King Metropolitan combo. The other guitarist uses that as a platform for his Axe / Pod / whatever it is thingy. He's a great guitar player, but loves his gain and effects. You'd think that would be a waste of a totally good Metro, but it actually sweetens up that pedal platform (which I'm not a big fan of.) I have a Sky King as well, and it's a fantastic amp. Really unique sounding.

Ah! That's another cool amp. I think the Metro is more my spec than his Sky King, though I do dig his amp. The couple of Metros I've played have really blown up my skirt. I've been thinking about a Falcon lately, but also want to try my hand at building an amp. Something low watt and simple is obviously the way to start, so I should probably wait to see if i can pull that off before buying something.

Oh, it doesn't get old. I think it's more of the fact that people don't want to dedicate the time and energy to it. I've run multiple amps for over a decade(or at least a wet/dry rig. There's nothing better than the wideness of the sound. Of course you need to play big enough stages, have sound engineers that are willing to mic multiple amps, etc. Also a bit of a hassle turning multiple volumes down when you're too loud. There's really nothing better than that sound though.

what kind of splitter do you use broseph?

Back