So i bought an SE silversky....should arrive next week..

Congrats. Great price. Do hot rails need a deeper rout? If so I’m not too sure. Maybe for the bridge since that’s naturally higher.

Congratulations on the new one. I agree with the others on trying the guitar before settling on a change. As you said, you don’t have any SSS guitars, so having one that sounds different could be a big plus. I’m also not a big single coil guy, but I have two Strat types (a Fender and my 2018 Silver Sky), a Tele, and a P90 guitar just for their different tones.

I‘m not against swapping, though! I’m going to be adding a set of SD Hot Stack Strat pickups to a Strings and Things Custom to cop more of that Dana Key guitar tone. Whatever works works! Just saying the 635JM pickups in my SS sound great, and convinced me it was worth leaving as is. You might be surprised!

Good for you Russ ! I saw a green and two stone blue ones on that site this morning...tempting prices...but S-Styles and I don't seem to work (and i LOVE players who use them).
Beer im nervous because strats don't c agree with me either but this seems a little different I hope lol

Congrats!

I must say, I doubt the pickups will balance well using an SD Hotrail. You might want to check out lower output offerings like the lil 59

Back