Shadow and Light

László

Too Many Notes
Yeah, another imaginary film cue. This one's contemplative and simple, but unusual. Strings, synth, and double reed ensemble.

It'll be interesting to see if this gets listeners feeling imagery!

[EDIT] I lengthened the piece and made a few other small changes. Seems better and more complete to me now.

Last edited:
Well don't know how this came into head, but as I was listening to it, I could picture myself laying on a cloud, hands folded behind my head, floating above beautiful grain filled fields. I was however floating on the bottom side of the cloud looking down at the fields! Very pleasant, I may take that trip again later today ;~)) Thanks for sharing!!

Well don't know how this came into head, but as I was listening to it, I could picture myself laying on a cloud, hands folded behind my head, floating above beautiful grain filled fields. I was however floating on the bottom side of the cloud looking down at the fields! Very pleasant, I may take that trip again later today ;~)) Thanks for sharing!!
I like that imagery!

I was imagining a scene where the protagonist has gone through a transformative experience of some kind, and afterwards is perhaps on a promontory, looking out over the ocean to the horizon as the sun begins to set.

Or something similar.

Some of the chord changes are atypical of what I usually hear in your pieces - but I mean that in a very good way! I've noticed your pieces have been more focused on emphasizing tension lately, not overly so, it's just a well timed change of mood.

The feeling that I got was that the major obstacle had been overcome, the journey and challenges not being over yet, but there's a confidence that assumes the progress will go on to completion. Really nice!

I've surfed your orchestral section a few times in the last month or so, just because I knew there were some things I hadn't listened to. "Between Us" is a favorite!

Some of the chord changes are atypical of what I usually hear in your pieces - but I mean that in a very good way! I've noticed your pieces have been more focused on emphasizing tension lately, not overly so, it's just a well timed change of mood.

The feeling that I got was that the major obstacle had been overcome, the journey and challenges not being over yet, but there's a confidence that assumes the progress will go on to completion. Really nice!

I've surfed your orchestral section a few times in the last month or so, just because I knew there were some things I hadn't listened to. "Between Us" is a favorite!
Glad you checked the work out - shocked even!

But the comments are seriously appreciated.

Yeah, another imaginary film cue. This one's contemplative and simple, but unusual. Strings, synth, and double reed ensemble.

It'll be interesting to see if this gets listeners feeling imagery!

It brings to mind an astral feeling for me and reminds me of Holst’s - Jupiter.

It brings to mind an astral feeling for me and reminds me of Holst’s - Jupiter.
Compared to Holst, I am an unworthy speck of mosquito poop.

You're a good guy to speak of my work in the same sentence, though. I'm working on becoming a significant speck of mosquito poop. It's not easy!

;)

Back