SE Standard 24-08 noise

mike_omzig

I recently got a SE Standard 24-08 and it is horribly noisy on my 6505 MH on the lead channel and splitting to single coil is unbearable. I have a cheaper guitar that the noise is 10% of this one. I have checked all grounds seem fine. I have re-soldered some grounds.
The SE 24-08 wiring diagram cannot be correct on the PRS support page as it shows the 3 way switch center post with two wires going to the opposite ends of the volume pot. The wire shown going to the grounded leg of the volume pot is clearly an error. Other than this, my guitar is wired to the diagram EXCEPT the green and red on both single coil switches are reversed (green going to where red is shown) on the PRS diagram. I tried switching these red and green on both switches and the sound was way wrong. (green and red must be one coil so the polarity would be backwards)
When the tone knob is turned all the way down, the noise is greatly diminished but the tone is dull and flat.
I have always wanted a PRS and since I only play for my own enjoyment cannot justify a core guitar. Even the SE at $700 is a stretch. Feeling rather disappointed that a guitar half the cost of this PRS SE does not have such noise issues.

Curious if other SE 24-08 owners have the same issue going thru a high gain amp

Back