SE A50E - Anyone have much experience?

krb813

Hello,

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the A50E, I don't have a way to try it out here in Austin, TX. I would have to order it on-line.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello,

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the A50E, I don't have a way to try it out here in Austin, TX. I would have to order it on-line.

Thanks,

Kevin
Not sure if this is relevant anymore, but I located one in my local shop; played it, contemplated for a week or so, then went back, played it again and purchased it. It was tagged at $899 but was let go for 10% less.
I've owned all kinds of high end acoustic guitars, inclusive of Martin, Gibson and Taylor guitars of all shapes and varieties. I consider myself an intermediate level player. The A50E represents a redesign of PRS's Angelicus SE line
as is nicely explained in a video on their web site. If I didn't know that the A50E was a Chinese guitar, and it was handed to me without any labels, I could be told (and I would believe it) that this guitar sold for twice to three times what it actually cost, not so much because of its looks (which are in fact very attractive) but because the tone and string response are far beyond what you'd expect from a $900 guitar.....Bell like mid-level tones with just enough low end to satisfy though not as thumping as is a comparable body sized Martin or Taylor.....but again, the clarity and punch of its overall tonality makes this "econo" guitar stand out. Finish work was impeccable and the Fishman electronics offer a very clean sounding amplification. It even comes with a nicely done hard shell case. (though I much prefer gig bags as they take up much less space.) One thing you might notice. This guitar is not a lightweight. I'm guessing just shy of 7 pounds. The solid spruce top and maple back and sides as well as mahogany neck no doubt contribute to its heft. But these classic elements no doubt contribute to what makes it sound so good. If you've other questions, don't hesitate. But I give this SE a thumbs up.

MartinGs

Back