SE 245 Vs Zack Meyers..pros/cons?

Russ73

I just sold my SE Standard 22, Core Tek Indonesia...the guitar was not very playable and with 3 US made PRS it got zero play time, SO Im venturing into singlecut territory with possibly one of these 2 used possibly from Daves at under 500 bucks and was curious what you guys prefer about either of the two? thx in advance!

I would like to know also, since I think that they have the same pups, and have been interested in getting a 245. I have the SE ZM, and was about to try a very nice looking SE 245 today, but someone else bought it before I got to try it.

I really like the SE ZM, the wide/fat satin neck feels great, and the SH body gives it a nice "airy" tone, and I can easily get some terrific, controllable, moderate feedback. The guitar really has some great sounds, both clean and driven.

I'm thinking there will be a noticeable difference between the two, being a solid body, solid bridge on the 245 vs the SH body, adjustable bridge on the ZM. I think I've decided that the SE 245 Standard would be a nice choice.

Last edited:
I have a USA made 245 that is a beast! And I have a few of the ZM models. I REALLY like the ZM model. Can't go wrong with either one really. But I love the Semi Hollow ZM.

Back