"SAVED FOR EPIC NGD" O.M.F.G. I THINK...I THINK...I JUST DID A THING....

Header with stinger tease:

oh4pnffepukukjftbzmk.jpg
Worth it just for that.

Thought I'd clarify my 594 journey to date:

594 #:
1) Core DC594 McCarty Sunburst, straight stock with original 58/15LTs---fabulous rock machine.
2) Used Core DC594 Charcoal Smokeburst; I put in BKP uncovered Mules, CTS pots and resistor taps---another fab rock machine with more hair AND JUST RIDICULOUSLY NICE SPLIT TONES.
3) Used Core DC594 Whale Blue Burst; currently in chop mode for some mad customization, I just got busy building amps this year. More to come...
4) Core DC594SH Purple Smokeburst, stock; stored in Wash. D.C. at my drummer's house so my buddy can play a badass guitar every band reunion.
5) Core SC594 Dark Cherry Burst, straight stock with TCI 58/15LTs---a more focused, balls-to-the-wall rock & roll beast with excellent cleans.
6) THIS BEASTLY AXE. Just in another world by itself. PRIVATE STOCK. QUILT. SUPERNOVA. BRAZILIAN NECK AND BOARD. CURLY MAPLE BINDING. STINGER. LOOK AT THAT F^CKING SUPERNOVA! THAT MAHOGANY. IT'S SO OUTER SPACE. DAMN!!!! IT'S PATRIOTIC TO THE UNIVERSE. IT'S SO 2112, SHEEZUS!!!! FORK ME.

Thought I'd clarify my 594 journey to date:
2) Used Core DC594 Charcoal Smokeburst; I put in BKP uncovered Mules, CTS pots and resistor taps---another fab rock machine with more hair AND JUST RIDICULOUSLY NICE SPLIT TONES.

Ok now I'm super curious because I find the split tones of the stock 58/15LT in a 594 or 594 semi-hollow (and only in a 594) to be absolutely lovely. Are you saying it's even more fantastic with Mules ? Hard to imagine, but if so I'm buying a set soon!

On a side note I was looking at the SC sister of that beast you just got... very interesting specimen too ;-)

Ok now I'm super curious because I find the split tones of the stock 58/15LT in a 594 or 594 semi-hollow (and only in a 594) to be absolutely lovely. Are you saying it's even more fantastic with Mules ? Hard to imagine, but if so I'm buying a set soon!

On a side note I was looking at the SC sister of that beast you just got... very interesting specimen too ;-)
GG, the maple adorned cotton candy magic weapon with Korina back? Yeah, that one looks sensational. And it has 20th Anniversary birds and wisps. Just top drawer all around.

I agree, the 58/15LT pickups have sensational splits and all-around lovely tone.

The uncovered Mules SPLIT PHENOMENALLY WITH RESISTOR TAPS. It's a different feel and tone, perhaps a bit more incisive, sharper, but it's utterly fabulous. BKP Mules are some of the best pickups made, they've got some special sauce for sure. The search for altered 594 tone was what got me hunting for great used 594 deals and I found some sensational ones a year or two back. I scored. Covered Mules are superb as well.

Back