S2 McCarty 594

Which model SS are you looking at? @Lewguitar loves his SEs and I love my core, and I don't think you could go wrong either way!
I’m going back and forth from the SE to the US made, from what I’m reading the SE version is almost as good, thoughts?

I’m going back and forth from the SE to the US made, from what I’m reading the SE version is almost as good, thoughts?
I've so far not been able to try the SE. That said it's hard to find negative reviews. The 7.25 radius in the core worried me going in, but it's just awesome!
The SE is 8.5 radius. Is that better? Not sure, but I wouldn't be worried about that.
The SE looks fantastic and like the core you have a choice of rosewood or maple board.
Core comes with locking tuners, but that is easily taken care of on the SE.
Were I to do it all over again it would be a tough call...

Which model SS are you looking at? @Lewguitar loves his SEs and I love my core, and I don't think you could go wrong either way!
If I can swing it I’m going for the Core model, but lots of reviews are really impressed with the SE models.

I’m kinda hung up on US made stuff, but if the quality is there I’ll get it

So I had a phone call this morning. My friend with the S2 is making a career change and relocating to the West (BC) coast. He's planning on completing his move shortly into the New Year.
Long story short, he and I have made a pact that will see me with a great deal on his full rig. S2 Thinline, Blackstar amp, and his Line 6 effects console. This comes after being house bound with COVID for the last week and a half, so things were a bit strained as herself brought the virus home from a conference two weeks ago. Thanks to a screwup by the Provincial Health Authority we were unable to get the latest inoculation (not that she might not have contracted it anyway). So I not only missed out on my race club annual windup Saturday night, last night I had to miss out on The Doobie Brothers concert! So I feel somewhat vindicated.
I'm sad to lose close contact with a great friend and jamming buddy, but the offer is just too good to turn down. There often is a silver lining!

So I had a phone call this morning. My friend with the S2 is making a career change and relocating to the West (BC) coast. He's planning on completing his move shortly into the New Year.
Long story short, he and I have made a pact that will see me with a great deal on his full rig. S2 Thinline, Blackstar amp, and his Line 6 effects console. This comes after being house bound with COVID for the last week and a half, so things were a bit strained as herself brought the virus home from a conference two weeks ago. Thanks to a screwup by the Provincial Health Authority we were unable to get the latest inoculation (not that she might not have contracted it anyway). So I not only missed out on my race club annual windup Saturday night, last night I had to miss out on The Doobie Brothers concert! So I feel somewhat vindicated.
I'm sad to lose close contact with a great friend and jamming buddy, but the offer is just too good to turn down. There often is a silver lining!
Sucks to lose a friend to a relo, and COVID also sucks. Congrats on a new rig, though!

Sucks to lose a friend to a relo, and COVID also sucks. Congrats on a new rig, though!
Thanks for that. He's been a great inspiration to me right from the outset. If I can get 10% of the sound out of that S2 that he can I'll be in heaven. He's actually the main reason I picked up my first SE, figured PRS was waaaay out of my league. Didn't realize there were actually affordable options at the time. Only real bummer living where I do is hands on availability...

Back