Redacted

They're not scratches for sure. But what do you mean these are normal?
I think he means "normal" in that it's common for formed-plastic products to show a seam-line where separate pieces of molded plastic are joined together at their seams. I do not have a Calton case myself to confirm, but from what I see in the pictures I would think "Eh, that's just a seam line."

I think he means "normal" in that it's common for formed-plastic products to show a seam-line where separate pieces of molded plastic are joined together at their seams. I do not have a Calton case myself to confirm, but from what I see in the pictures I would think "Eh, that's just a seam line."
Interesting that the owner said that it's an issue with clear coat and is not acceptable. Maybe this is just unavoidable.

I wanted to agree that these were mold lines, but, looking closely at the second image, the lines branch off and are definitely cracks.

It seems like perhaps it's something that could have happened in shipping, where the case was under some very heavy things and compressed enough to cause this cracking.

It could be that the clear coat formulation in this lot was too brittle (no enough plasticizers) and you need to get a case from a lot that was fixed.

Yes exactly

Back