Random. No more or less

A little travel advice!
AlwaysLeaveYourHotelRoomLikeThis.png

I'd like to live in about 10 different places. If I had enough money and years, I'd do it.

Do you ever find that your summer activities get in the way of your playing sometimes?

I would rather be outside roller skating or hiking then be inside practicing! Can’t do it in the winter. The roller skating bug has infected me ! Lol

Unless I'm learning a song for my cover band, I never look at playing as "practicing". It's "playing." A very enjoyable, healthy, and therapeutic activity in it's own right.

Sitting here waiting for everyone to awaken from sleeping. So I watched this video of this 103 year old person. Just so brilliant an very insightful. If you listen very carefully she is telling you the secrets of life and how to use them to your advantage. Amazing information.

Just too damned hot to cycle or roller skate today. I got into cycling for about 2 miles and with the sun beaming down on me I felt really sick. No migraines today thank you. So I packed it in and came home. This is exactly why I detest summer. Give me Winter anytime.

Do you ever find that your summer activities get in the way of your playing sometimes?

I would rather be outside roller skating or hiking then be inside practicing! Can’t do it in the winter. The roller skating bug has infected me ! Lol
Yes, big time! Between the yard, garden, landscaping etc., I end up working outside til dark, and after a cool down period, dinner it’s after 11:00 before I even get out of the shower. It is not uncommon to miss a day, two, or even three in a row.

Absolutely. In the spring/summer my guitar time goes way down in favor of cycling. So does my gym time. In the winter I play a lot, hit the gym daily and ride when it’s dry. I’ll ride at anything above freezing so long as it’s dry. Been that way since riding and black ice resulted in a crash and a broken hip in December 2009.
Flipping the script already as it will be in the 90’s all week. Back to guitar and gym. Any rides will be early and short.

Just too damned hot to cycle or roller skate today. I got into cycling for about 2 miles and with the sun beaming down on me I felt really sick. No migraines today thank you. So I packed it in and came home. This is exactly why I detest summer. Give me Winter anytime.
You'd be fine out here then. Frost in the low lying areas this morning, a whole +1c at my place. High of 14 today, maybe...:(

I loved rock climbing when I lived in Alaska ! I've done a little in the Appalachians.

We've got a couple of days break from the 90+ heat , but it will be back in a few days.

I went to change the battery in my old Porsche 987 ( they stick the darn thing in the middle next to the windscreen for weight dist)
The problem is , the hood release needs the battery .. silly . After hooking up my charger to the fuse box inside I was able to pop it.
Getting the damn thing out is hard because of where it is. Heavy as hell and at full arms reach with a hood over your head

Mission accomplished .. but I was drenched by the time I was done.. ( heat index a cool 88)

It's Studio time the rest of the day , I start my 1st cd recording project tommorow! I've got 60 tracks I did on my old cassette based Tascam 424 , I plan on porting some of them over to the Tascam 2488 neo , then updating the tracks with 20 years of improved chops and equipment. I'll add new compositions as well . As it can make it's own Mastered CD's it will be a fun start.

I'm going to have friends join in on the side and hopefully get it all wrapped up for the Holidays , they will make great gifts for friends and family. Who knows .. I might sell a few at the Cafe' at Open Mic

Last edited:
Off to the cottage. Swimming in the lake with the doggos. They love the water. They look so funny in their life jackets.

I was looking into rock climbing but the gear for good quality stuff is expensive. I just spent a wad on roller skating gear. The bubble wrap shorts were expensive but they’re a must so I can start to learn some tricks with no injuries. So many things I want to do.

I am learning Respect by Aretha Franklin. Simple but so much damned fun to play and I know the words.

Who here hasn’t played Mustang Sally? I was listening to a few ppl yesterday discussing how much they hate this song. Prolonged exposure most likely! 😂

Who here hasn’t played Mustang Sally? I was listening to a few ppl yesterday discussing how much they hate this song. Prolonged exposure most likely! 😂
I think you're right. I've NEVER played the song once. My wife sings along every time we hear it by a local band, and I just cringe (and she knows it and does it to be funny). It is just SO CLICHE'

So I proudly proclaim that I have never one time in my life played that song.

Back